Speedmaster Rear Suspension Help

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Graeme Cooper, Oct 2, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Graeme Cooper

Graeme Cooper New Member

Sep 15, 2021
    Kidderminster
    I have just purchased a 2015 Speedmaster and need to move the rear suspension settings to the hardest position - think the manual says that is Number 5. The manual is very vague about which tool you need and I cant see any markings as to which setting to use. The manual says clockwise for increase - but clockwise facing which way? Sorry if this sounds a little basic but my spannering skills are limited. Any help / advice gratefully received.

2. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Hi Graeme,

I'm not an expert either. But I do know some basics. The hardest shock position will involve compressing the spring to its max thereby shortening its travel movement. It's usually easier to move the adjuster when making the suspension softer by taking pressure off the spring

Does your bike have a single ( monoshock ) under the seat, or two shocks at the rear ? The adjustment procedure will likely be different.

My speedmaster, 2018, has a monoshock adjusted using a C spanner located under the front seat. The spanner connects to the locking ring at the top of the shock.

Hope this helps.

3. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Usually clockwise would mean looking from the top of the shock towards the bottom end thats fixed at the swingarm. However if the adjustment collar is at the bottom it may be the other way round. In other words, I dont have a clue... sorry :confused: