rear paddock stand which side?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Scouser, Mar 9, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Scouser

Scouser Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Wirral UK
    Hi Guys

Just Bought a rear paddock stand a Warrior it fits left side of swing arm ( chain side)

It came with no instructions on fitting etc I used it for the first time today and I am far from convinced that its the correct side as the bike leans away from the side stand to the right and looks bloody unstable !!

does anyone have a rear stand for the chain side or should it always fit the right side.?

The description and picture shows it fitted to the chain side and says fits nearly all single side Triumph swing arms

Or is this particular stand just crap?

Cheers

2. Monkeyjoe

Monkeyjoe Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Ayrshire
    Hi Scouser,
    I just bought this Oxford rear paddock stand at the MCN bike show in Edinburgh yesterday, pic of it here:

Oxford Big Black Bike Rear Paddock Stand - FREE UK DELIVERY

I haven't used it yet, but it fits on both swing arms, I'm new to bikes but haven't heard of a stand that would fit on one side only? Post a pic of your stand so we can see it :smile:

3. gav

gav New Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Chain side is correct mate but it shouldn't lean too much. They are a little unstable because of it being fitted to the one side so I wouldn't put any weight on whilst it is up there. I'll get a pic of mine if you'd like. I'm unsure of the brand as I bought it from a member on here.

4. Scouser

Scouser Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Wirral UK
    Cheers Gav

Think i may have word with retailer as not happy would be vary wary of doing any work on bike using this stand !!

5. Dawg

Dawg New Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Somerset
    I may stand corrected, but surely it must go on the chain side, otherwise you would not be able too remove the rear wheel?
    I need one but I heard that you need a well braced one to stop the lean.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dawg

Dawg New Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Somerset
    That Oxford one will be no good on a single sided swinger unless you put a spindle through it. :smile: But then you certainly can't remove the wheel.

7. Monkeyjoe

Monkeyjoe Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Ayrshire
  8. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    My solution - get an Abba stand. (absolutely **** all to do with the band!) :smile:

9. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    My asterisk button seems to have stuck!