765 Rear Cowl Rubber Removal

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by starpower, Apr 12, 2024.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. starpower

starpower New Member

Feb 2, 2024
    Potter Valley, CA USA
    From what I can see the Rubber piece on the rear cowl on my '24 Street Triple RS looks to be glued on. Can anyone confirm this and have any tips on removal, especially those that have done it? I want to put on protection film to protect it from my tail bag and I know it can be a nightmare trying to cut it in around the part without looking like crap.

Thanks!

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    @starpower
    Can't help. But welcome to the family and hope someone pops along soon. Joe

3. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    They are indeed glued on, they are easy to remove, use a hair dryer to warm them up carefully and they come off easily, don't use a heat gun it will be to aggressive, they are not as easy to put back on though, the purpose is to prevent the cowl rubbing on the subframe, and if not put back will make the seat cowl loose, causing vibration and a risk of the cowl coming off whilst riding. The RS comes with a passenger seat (a joke really as it is uncomfortable), but it has the 2 mounting points combined with the 2 on the subframe allows secure attachment for the tail pack, when not using the tail pack just simply put the seat cowl back on, you don't mention what make of pack you have, the better quality makes don't come in contact with the bodywork.

4. starpower

starpower New Member

Feb 2, 2024
    Potter Valley, CA USA
    I'm talking about the butt bumper on top of the cowl, not under it. Also my '24 RS did not come with a pillion seat, just the cowl.

5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Well another cost cutting exercise by Triumph, as all pre 2023 models came with both the seat cowl and a passenger seat, I have 3 pillion seats for these, although the pre 2020 are different and will not fit the 2020 to 2023, the "butt bumper" as you call it is glued on at the factory, the same method I explained is exactly the same for the removal of said pad.