Re-map A 2015 T100

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Samuel F, Mar 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    #1 Samuel F, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Hi guys,

I finally got to change my pipes (the Weslake sound loud but amazing) but obviously a remap is due.
    There's a lot of loud popping on deceleration, and so on.

I didn't think that was much of an issue until my usual guy (Mobile motorcycles services) told me he could not do it, and the guy he recomended (Dynoworx UK) told me he would have to instal a powercommander and then tune it, which would basically come around £500.

Anyone got any experience with remapping a bonneville ?
    Any garage recommendation around Glasgow ?

Cheers.

[EDIT] For my knowledge: Can a bad map damage the bike, and why ? Cheeeeeers:D

2. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I had mine remapped by Steve Jordan Motorcycles, not much use to you as they are down south. However, it didn't cost anywhere near £500 and no power commander required.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Thanks guys,
    the guys at Triumph glasgow didn't seem to need anything but because the pipes are not "arrow" or "vances & Hines" they don't have the exact map for it. They're looking into it and will give me a call.

these are the bad boys I'm rocking, atm..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Email Triumph Twin Power. They will give you a range of options and prices but I suggest a remap, airbox De-baffle and Breathe filter cover. You can run the original filter in all but torrential rain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Valkman

Valkman Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Kings Lynn
    I carried out the same upgrades and used the Triumph Twin Power Torque Induction kit with their remap specifically for my TOR Exhausts. Completely transformed the bike. It's now smooth & grunty... just like me :D. I can't recommend them highly enough. By the way I'm not connected to TTP in any way other than as a satisfied customer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    you can check to see if this works for you, before removing them by just removing the pipe from the airbox and stuffing a marble or similar in it. In fact I think @steve lovatt had a gizmo that meant you didnt have to remove anything

• Like Like x 1
  7. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Yeah I've watched this video before, I might do it as a sunday chill activity.
    Regarding the popping, it didn't bother me before, as a small kinda retro sound detail, but with my new pipes I'm flirting between the "nice sound" and " fuck this guy with his loud bike" lines. I ride for myself, I don't need to be noticed outside of safety needs.

[disclaimer before next point: I'm sure Triumph Glasgow are nice guys doing their best, but last time I used them for servicing I really felt like they took me for every penny they could and took advantage of my mechanical ignorance and end up with a £700 bill for a faulty brake caliper]

Surprisingly enough, where Dynoworx estimated the re-mapping at half a thousand quids, Triumph Glasgow was like "nah, mate, just come to us, Sat. the 29th and we'll do it in an hour or so, it won't cost you much at all". So i'll be off to see with them to re-map the bike at a decent cost. But I'm still on my guard with them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    #9 Samuel F, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Thanks pal !

Very interesting read.
    I don't think I'm going to go in all that just yet, but I do like the idea of always having something else to do on my bike, along the years. After all these's so much you can do with these bonnies...
    Sprocket change, suspension change, brakes update, airbox and all that, front / up controls update / tidying up / minimalising , headlamp brackets change, saddle imprvements, handlebar change, etc etc... Love it. Step by step to an entirely customised bike. Love it.

• Like Like x 2