Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Help me Obi Wan...

Help me Obi Wan... Well-Known Member

Whoa, who shit in your cornflakes today ?.

My tuppence worth, the UK should of just renegotiated the terms of membership of the EU, and told the EU where to get off. The decision to leave will come back to bit the UK in the backside badly. The days of the Empire and being an "island" are long gone, you are part of Europe, like or not. Just stand up to the bureaucrats or be forever like the Kleenex tissues fiasco.
    Libtards and snowflakes 1, normal, rational thinking people 0.

Well said Sir.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #1202 Sprinter, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018

Yes.What NONE of these a holes seem to grasp is there is nowhere else to go.

I think a little light above ther heads is beginning to come on finally.
    'Reverse.'

and
    If / when we leave , Scotland will vote for independence.
    Who can honestly say that if another vote happened today EU and Scottish Independence the results would be the same, I dont think so.

3. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    [QUOTE="Help me Obi Wan..., post: 227261, member: 10951"

My tuppence worth, the UK should of just renegotiated the terms of membership of the EU, and told the EU where to get off.

[/QUOTE]

As with the whole issue, it is not as simple as that, although we all wish it were.

Before we got as far as the referendum Cameron went to the EU to argue for a "better deal" but was effectively told to F-off. Granted he was a remainer and was probably not playing hardball in the talks but as we have seen over the last year playing hardball is getting us nowhere anyway.

The EU is never going to let member states tweak their membership status every now and then to suit, even if their individual or collective situations change - coming across as take it or leave it, we make the decisions, do as you're told, get back in your box. This pissed off a lot of people which is why the majority voted to leave. Economically we almost certainly should stay in the EU but it's gone way beyond economics.

The rough ride will continue and it will take years for us to (hopefully) recover. The EU will make an example of us to stop Greece following us out of the door and the Italians from dropping the Euro but it will interesting too to see how much this fuels the populist movements across the whole of the continent over the next few years which may well ultimately come back to bite the Boys in Brussels. If our exit shakes the EU enough, and other states decide that one-size does NOT fit all, then the cracks could start to appear which will usher in an even more interesting phase of upheaval.

Now if only the EEC had stayed as the Common Market we originally joined instead of morphing into an attempted Federal Europe it would have been a different kettle of fish altogether...

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham

As with the whole issue, it is not as simple as that, although we all wish it were.

Before we got as far as the referendum Cameron went to the EU to argue for a "better deal" but was effectively told to F-off. Granted he was a remainer and was probably not playing hardball in the talks but as we have seen over the last year playing hardball is getting us nowhere anyway.

The EU is never going to let member states tweak their membership status every now and then to suit, even if their individual or collective situations change - coming across as take it or leave it, we make the decisions, do as you're told, get back in your box. This pissed off a lot of people which is why the majority voted to leave. Economically we almost certainly should stay in the EU but it's gone way beyond economics.

The rough ride will continue and it will take years for us to (hopefully) recover. The EU will make an example of us to stop Greece following us out of the door and the Italians from dropping the Euro but it will interesting too to see how much this fuels the populist movements across the whole of the continent over the next few years which may well ultimately come back to bite the Boys in Brussels. If our exit shakes the EU enough, and other states decide that one-size does NOT fit all, then the cracks could start to appear which will usher in an even more interesting phase of upheaval.

Now if only the EEC had stayed as the Common Market we originally joined instead of morphing into an attempted Federal Europe it would have been a different kettle of fish altogether...[/QUOTE]

Nailed it. Well said that man.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Help me Obi Wan...

Nailed it. Well said that man.[/QUOTE]

Agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Italy and Greece are not the only ones with rumblings of dissent either, and threatening member states with sanctions if the dont fall into line over the acceptance of "asylum seekers" is only adding further fuel to the fire.

There is also a new party starting up in the ROI pushing the agenda of "IREXIT" so there is much for the EU to be concerned about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #1207 Sprinter, Oct 22, 2018

Now if only the EEC had stayed as the Common Market we originally joined instead of morphing into an attempted Federal Europe it would have been a different kettle of fish altogether...[/QUOTE]

................................................................................................................
    I think its always amazing what the government "listens to "and what they dont ,remember the ground surge for the fuel strike that was real. And was ignored ,blatantly .This is lead.

You see I believe that all this unrest about a "reviewed deal 'in the first place was stirred up, partly by our governments looking to garner a populist vote.
    Partly by big business who always believe that change = a chance for profit ( the big banks used to { and possibly still do} back both sides in a war, making a bigger conflict ,more change ,more rebuilding ,more mortgages for guns, etc.
    The economics of this are the same in peace time, change = profit ,for those outside financing.

With a built in change, e.g. election ,every 5 years ,they have a ready made bunch of nervous ninnies always willing to negotiate change and so do their bidding.

The biggest subject on the agenda was immigration ,
    which at all times has been less than the government wanted, ( 350,000 per year, to stay mind you,and pay tax.All of Europe is importing people because of a massive in balance in the age of their citizens and a negative birth rate in the west.

Summery
    It is change for the sake of change and the instigators dont mind where it goes as long as it keeps moving and if it goes tits up they are loaded so it wont affect them.
    Also scaring the rest ,is not going to end well for us

8. Help me Obi Wan...

Have to agree with you with regards to immigration.
    This is not "immigration" this is an invasion. No skills worth mentioning, no English language skills and all wanting to take out of a social security pot, they have never contributed to, no wonder the pot gets smaller.
    A close friend died here at the grand old age of 90, fought in WW 2 in Alexandria, and despite paying social security all his life, (he spent 40 plus years here in SA), his "pension was frozen at 65, no increases for the last 25 years, yet "we" allow these people in.
    A friend in America where they live had to take in some Syrian "refugees", as above, but he did write on the form he was a "Shepard" back home. Not much call for those in America, these days. But they had clothes, a house, and some income, but with strict conditions, they had to learn English and have a job by 6 months, otherwise they get shipped back. Seems legit.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Blacktruck

Blacktruck Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Texarkana, TX
    You sir are absolutely correct on the definition of what is happening with the incoming people. Those that come here to the US too often have no marketable skills and no intentions of assimilating into our society. They come because they know they will get help (money) from the government so as to garner their votes in future elections. I wish it were true about them having to learn English and get a job, sadly that is too often not what happens. They are given assistance (money) in the name of humanitarian efforts to help with no real strings attached. Again back to the voting thing. The same thing you are seeing with the benefits for those who have paid in and earned their money is happening here. We are told there is no money for cost of living increases but those who just show up at our door (illegal immigrants) seem to have no problem getting money. Sadly the world as we know will be a far different place in too few years unless something dramatic happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Help me Obi Wan...

Speaking Spanish, Mosques and your way of life to "accommodate" these people. As you quite rightly pointed out they want a little Iraq, or little Iran where they live and different rules to live by as they are "special".

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Help me Obi Wan...

Snowflakes..jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Blacktruck

Blacktruck Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Texarkana, TX
    Too sad and too true.
    Political correctness is a product of the dividing of people. None of us can just be Americans or British or any other nationality, we have to be further divided by race, ethnicity or some other feature to keep us from having a cohesive voice.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Screenshot_20181021-204826[501].png

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #1214 Sprinter, Oct 22, 2018
    One of the guys I work with ,asked me to give him a hand putting up a shed , ( a little one) the other day,so I said yes.
    Set for Sunday and this is Tuesday, so by Saturday still no word of what needs doing ,which tools he needs, or has ,or what time to arrive , and he always has his phone off ,so I text him, and eventually and he says "just when ever"
    The boss asks me to cover a sicky in the morning so I think ok its all fluid.
    Anyway I arrive as soon as I finish bring some tools and we crack-on. Two hours later its up, the doors on, Ive ran around in the car ( he sold his and now rides a push bike only) collecting extra wood from my supplies and more tools.
    Hes looking to me for guidence ( poor b4stard ) and Im keep saying its up to you its your shed you tell me, etc.
    When he looses it and bursts out "dont patronise me Im not stupid, well I am but only with practical things , for f2cks sake."
    Just then theres a laugh from the women next door in her garden.
    He starts shouting at her "you can F off you fing whore cow.
    So I said "right Im off, see you bye " and collected up my stuff and went home.
    I knew he had a temper, Wow
    Anyway he set a text later to say thanks and sorry.
    Wow.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Crikey mate, sounds like the guy should purchase a bottle of extra strong chill pills, glad I don't work with him or am his neighbour :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    He just tends to loose it. not realy scary ,more sort of sad ,how he gets himself into trouble in so many ways.

17. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Know what you, mean, I worked with a guy for a few years that had the shortest fuse, you never knew what was going to make him blow so it was like walking on eggshells around him, not a great working environment.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    We had a guy like that, all of 5'2" with Napoleon Syndrome.

Gerry (walks into crew room): "I'm not f-ing happy!"
    Me: "Go on then....?"
    Gerry: "Go on what?"
    Me: "Which one of the dwarves are you? Grumpy or Dopey?"
    Gerry: "F-Off!" (Stumps out of the crew room. As the door clicks shut the other 18 people in the room can no longer hold in the laughter)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  19. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    FFS! So you’re in Scotland! Deal with it!!:kissing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Your right ,I have so much to be thankful for, this should nt even registrar, cheers Crispy.:):):)

• Funny Funny x 4