Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

Feb 28, 2015
    Northampton
    Erm????... I think so? :kissing:

I didn't touch the gas side of things honest guv!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 First Class Member

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    DD.png

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....
    Subscriber

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

Feb 28, 2015
    Northampton
    #1184 Dozers Dad, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017

This only works if your wearing your Union Jack Triumph pants & your chest hair is shaved into a "T" :kissing:o_O:kissing:o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Bikerman

Bikerman First Class Member
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Is this justice ????. So don't forget if you want to kill someone you don't like, don't murder them and face 20 years in prison, buy yourself a mobile phone and drive into them, or just have one for the road. Yes this sends out a strong message doesn't it. I followed a car the other day for 18 miles, she had a kid in the front in the child seat, she was happy as Larry yapping away on here phone. No Police around anymore, got to save money so we can give it away to other countries. This bitch will be out in a few years time. Shame the bike didn't go through the windscreen and kill her too. Oh no that's not PC is it, shame on me for thinking such thoughts
    Woman who caused Lincoln biker’s death while chatting on hands-free phone jailed
    [​IMG]
    A teaching assistant who was having an “in-depth conversation” with a friend on her hands-free phone when she killed a Lincoln dad has been jailed for three years.
    Samantha Ayres, 34, had been on a phone call for over 25 minutes and was completely on the wrong side of the road when she smashed in to devoted dad David Kirk, 26.
    David was riding his motorbike travelling towards Horsington when he was struck by the Ford Fiesta being driven by Ms Ayres towards Waddingworth.
    He sadly died at the scene.
    [​IMG]
    Ayres, from Horncastle, was convicted on Wednesday, November 29 of causing death by dangerous driving on November 7, 2016 on Baumber Road, Horsington.
    She was today sentenced at Lincoln Crown Court to three-years in prison and disqualified from driving for four-and-a-half-years on Wednesday, December 6.
    [​IMG]
    Phone records showed Ayres had made four “hands free” voice calls during her journey and was still mid-conversation just moments before killing Mr Kirk.
    Judge John Pini QC had adjourned sentence after finding the jury had considered the use of “hands free” in these circumstances as dangerous.
    In sentencing, the judge said she was most probably distracted by her long phone call.
    Passing sentence at Lincoln Crown Court, Judge Pini told Ayres: “You pleaded guilty to causing death by careless driving. The basis of your plea was that your rear nearside tyre contacted the verge which set in train a series of events causing you to lose control of your car.
    “The jury rejected your account and accepted that you were distracted by using your hands free phone.
    “In my judgement your account of how this happened was dishonest. You were simply on the wrong side of the road.

“The evidence from Mrs Kirk as to the effect this tragedy has had on her and her young child was utterly heart-breaking.
    “She and her husband had been married for five years and had all of the future to look forward to together. Your actions have left her without a husband, and their very young daughter without a father. His mother has lost a son and his sister her brother.”
    Mr Kirk’s widow, Katie, 26, was in court with other members of his family to watch Ayres sentenced.
    [​IMG]
    Justice what F*****G justice is that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

Feb 28, 2015
    Northampton
    Hi Bikerman,

This is a very sad story & I may have learnt something into the bargain?
    I thought handsfree calls were legal?

I never use my phone in the car. Except to take/make handsfree calls via the cars built in bluetooth system. Is that now as illegal as holding your phone?

7. Bikerman

Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    An Inspector in Lincolnshire Police is calling for it them to be made illegal too. What did people do years ago without mobile phones, did they just drive as they're supposed to

8. Sprinter

Sprinter First Class Member

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    What about changing the radio or the heat, is that the same or is that ok?
    A couple of years ago a local man died cos he dropped his lighter in the foot well and tried to pick it up.

9. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

Feb 28, 2015
    Northampton
    I don't see how a handsfree call is any different to talking to a passenger? Both are slightly distracting but nowhere near as bad as trying to juggle a phone whilst driving.

10. Bikerman

Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Yes they covered all different topics of what's in the car that can distract you, but the main point that was covered was yapping away on these things when you should be driving the car.
    My bug bear with this is the pitiful sentence that this cow got, he's lost his life. His family have received no justice as far as I'm concerned

11. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git
    Subscriber

May 14, 2017
    Delvin Ireland
    Well before mobile phones they weren't making / taking calls, texting or on social media whilst driving, I honestly think the use of mobile phones etc should be illegal whilst the car is in motion.

Apparently its Illegal to use your mobile whilst the car engine is running in Oz.

At least it was a prison sentence for her rather than probation and don't do it again, its a start ....

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

Feb 28, 2015
    Northampton
    #1192 Dozers Dad, Dec 7, 2017 at 11:02 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 11:29 AM
    I think women on mobile phones whilst driving are a genuine hazard.

One cut me up the other day. I swerved so hard to avoid her. That I dropped my coffee, my laptop slid off my knee & I lost where I was in my book! :eek:

Honesty, they're a menace to other sensible road users like myself! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. littleade

littleade Elite Member
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    FTFY :laughing:

14. littleade

littleade Elite Member
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    On a serious note, no I don't think 3 years is enough and the case should IMO be referred back to see if it can be increased. It won't bring the poor bloke back but 3 years doesn't reflect what she did IMO

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. half ton

half ton Noble Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    I think the best way to sort out mobile phone use is to make them inoperable if traveling at more than 5 mph via satellite and this includes passengers (surely a phone call can wait till the car is stopped) or if that is not possible then anyone caught using a phone whilst driving gets a huge fine and is banned from using a mobile for 2 years,I know that isn't possible but it would hurt the feckers a sight more than the fine,As it seems a lot of people's lives are not worth living without the latest apple z10 or what ever.I would go as far as banning texting while walking as well....Bastards are a menace in town centres etc.:mad::mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. dilligaf

dilligaf Loudest member
    Subscriber

Mar 30, 2017
    Washington Tyne & Wear
    APPLE Z10????:eek:
    WHERE??:eek:
    WHEN??:eek:
    Just googled it :(
    Can't find it :confused:
    I want one :worried:
    I need one :worried:
    Awww....my life's not worth living :sob::sob::sob:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme
    Subscriber

Nov 6, 2014
    sw london
    we get them on the nhs down south

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git
    Subscriber

May 14, 2017
    Delvin Ireland
    How about reducing that to 2 kph to include pedestrians, and if they attempt to use it whilst exceeding the set 2 kph Lock the phone for 48hrs :laughing::joy::laughing::joy:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Wimin and phones don't mix.
    My sister in law is bad enough just walking on the pavement.
    If she starts talking to someone either who is walking with her or on the phone she stops...just stops where she is standing!!
    She can't walk and talk at the same time.
    She turns off the phone when she is driving though

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick
    Subscriber

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford England
    Not illegal atm. It's a case of distraction causing her to drive without due care and attention and dangerously. I too reckon hands free should be banned. Very often see drivers in animated conversation waving their hands about and clearly not fully concentrating on driving - so not paying due care and attention. If you want to chat on the phone pull in to a lay-by or such.

• Agree Agree x 4