Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    For about FIVE years we had a TWENTY FOUR HOUR bus lane on the main road between Oldham and Ashton-under-Lyne. The buses don't run twenty four hours FFS ! It's just recently been changed to peak hours morning and evening.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    I can't speak for other towns, in Edinburgh,some bus lanes are covered by fixed cameras or ''in bus'' cameras,which probably put some folk off entering the lanes, even when it is in the stated times.

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Oi! Oi! Dilli, you accusing RT of being an old woman??

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Down here especially london, bus lanes are a law unto themselves, we had one up the road that was only peak hours and in the middle of these peak hours a 10 m stretch that was 24hr,for no apparent reason, guess where they put the camera? Aaaaaah now I see the reason. Motorbikes are allowed in the bus lanes, no they’re not, yes they are no they’re not, we’ll some but not others.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yes:p

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Off duty Bus Drivers must account for a fair percentage of fees charged for bus lane infringements :oops:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    I drove into London the other day.
    I kept out of the bus lanes for several reasons.

1. The signage was 'variable' as if they were trying to catch you out in order to fine you. Some lanes you were permitted, others not.

2. Due to point one above, I tended to concentrate on avoiding the numpties busily trying to mash their way through the streets with no regard to anything or anyone. One despatch rider couldn't fit his bike through a gap that was too small, so he just punched people's wing mirrors out of the way.

3. Red Thunder's video is unfortunately typical not just of oblivious grannies, but pedestrians see 'bus lane' and if it isn't red and the size of a house they just don't see it and step out in front of you.

TFL needs consistency in the way they apply them rules of the road, but then Saddington Khan wouldn't have so much money to line his corrupt pockets with. Say what you will about Boris Johnson he wasn't on the take, and cycled to get around - he didn't need a car and four bodyguards.

8. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Some people are never happy ;)
    Change the swing arm for a wider one of course and be happy you got something for nothing :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Pommie Tom

Pommie Tom New Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Nsw australia

10. Pommie Tom

Pommie Tom New Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Nsw australia
    Most offended I went to grama skews

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Yeah, but I bet you talk Strine! ....which we posh Brits find rilleh quettex trodnereh!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Signs that say “ road ahead closed follow diversion” when it isn’t the road ahead but a road off the road ahead! So you follow the diversion which takes you 2 miles to go the 200 metres you could have gone if they had just put a sign with a straight line and an arrow or no entry emblem, signifying the closed road off the straight line???

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    I'm so glad I no longer own a motor repair garage. Standards have been slipping for many years now & its only going to get worse. Do the job well first time every time, pride in your work. Ha! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Checking on silverstone.co.uk for MotoGP tickets and the message is a £10 handling fee is applicable to each order. £10, TEN fuckin pounds. WHAAAAAAAT!:mad:

15. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Robbing bastewards! The share holders will be moaning when people don't turn up. Serves them right I say. Vote with your feet I say, but tell them why.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Fortunately there are other sites for tickets and their handling charge is £3.50
    I went to Sheffield city hall box office in person to get some tickets for an event and even then had to pay a booking fee, when I asked why I was told “you are basically paying our wages” I just walked away before I spoiled my manners.

17. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I had the feckin nuggets ruin a nice day out for me on Saturday so I feel your pain. Nice day, the place was packed, hemmed in so could not get away, boorish morons bragging about how much they drink every night and the silly things they do when pissed, all discussed between themselves just inches apart but at the tops of their voices. I could see several others around me getting more and more fed up with them so I was not the only one thinking "can I throw them out of here without any of the staff noticing?"

• Like Like x 2
  18. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    No:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Watched the Noel Gallagher gig the night before, very good!
    He was obviously the brains out of the two!:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Sam Smith was very good

21. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Not keen on Sam Smiths, it's a bit insipid. Much prefer something like Marstons Pedigree or Black Sheep. Some of those ales we had up Scotland were very very good. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

His brother John is better :p
    I’m in the back garden with him right now with my beer belly hanging out and covered in sun tan lotion :cool::sun::grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1