Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I was more artistic tonight !!

received_10213683351112502.jpeg

Mrs was well impressed!!!! :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Ex Killick Stoker here, you are fine but paras?? Very Thick!

3. Pete Farrell

Pete Farrell Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Lancashire
    Clarkey,
    Be careful what you wish for! I would love to accompany you to any of the Para bars and see you say that aloud. If you had the bottle you're a braver man than me.

4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

27th looks like a weekday?

If around the weekend, could always take a bimble over. Give us a shout nearer the time :cool:

5. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Well I used to have a skill to say that stuff but also placate said hard soldiers/marines cos I look big n daft hence not a threat! That was my plan anyway and I did alright in the top Naafi bar down the falklands at New Year’s Eve when all hell kicked off!

6. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    That was about 94/5 I hasent to add not the conflict.

7. Pete Farrell

Oct 4, 2017
    Lancashire
    Yo Mr O,
    We'll be there until Saturday so I'll be in touch a few days before we arrive.
    Cheers, Pete

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    My rant de jour is aimed at Ford. Thank you for putting an odd battery in such a popular car as a Focus that is clearly not used in much else 'cos nowhere near me open on a Sunday has one!!!! Lots of stock for the models without stop/start engine management is no help at all... Will have to shirk from home tomorrow until Lady Poppy gets back from work so I can borrow her car and get to Euro Carparts - their stock check says they have lots on their shelf in my local branch but unhelpfully it is closed on a Sunday.

Moral of the story? Make sure you find your dead battery on a Saturday!

9. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    eurocarparts, make sure you order online click and collect for big discounts 35% by using MID35

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Not worth trying Jez - knowing my luck I'd end up stranded outside ECP... Thought about it but I can just as easily go get it in my wife's car in the afternoon.

Cheers Crispmeister - I had spotted the discount code and will do just that.

Ade - agree fully with the hand shandy merchant sentiment. That incident only happened a few miles from me and I came across several people like that today in nearby Beaconsfield. Even the guy in the wine shop I popped into was joking about most of his punters being QCs, which I can believe. Beaconsfield is a "million pound town", where the average house price is over seven figures... And a fair few of the locals are arrogant arseholes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    That’s why I suggested click and collect! Us normal people can go to the shops ourselves not have the servants deliver!!

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    My wife's from Beaconsfield. The last time she was there was for her Mum's funeral and she said it was just packed with Bentley/Ferrari types everywhere, all pushing and shoving to get through the Old Town.

13. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  15. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
  16. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad:BLOODY GUITAR :mad:
    It’s a long way to top if wanna rock n roll:confused:
    again...:mad:BLOODY GUITAR :mad:

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Have you heard this version

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    My Ford grumbles continue. Even after a good run out to Norfolk to see my folks the start/stop on my car is not working, which it should with a new healthy battery. Ford forums have come up with the answer. Seems the RAC fit-it-on-the-driveway service I paid quite a lot for was unaware of the need to reset the battery monitoring system... The right sequence of buttons were presed this evening and the relevant lights flashed so it will be interesting to see if it kicks in on the way to work tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

F..fix
    O..or
    R..repair
    D..daily
    :p

20. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad:Feckin weather :mad:
    That’s the worst I’ve driven in since I was stationed in Goose Bay Canada :eek:
    Abandoned cars/jack knifed lorry’s and dickheads going to fast :mad:

21. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    You do realise that with a moniker like dilligaf you are, by definition, debarred from ranting about anything?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Pete Farrell

Oct 4, 2017
    Lancashire
    Now now Call play nicely! Dills world is black.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1