Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Thats just snot on is it mate!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    My latest hobby, counting the number of drivers on their phone while I filter through traffic on the A40 each morning.
    My highest so far is 15.
    I am sure there is somewhere I can upload a video to the police and so long as it meets certain conditions it could be used as evidence and prosecutions made.
    If not there bloody should be.

My biggest ball ache is stuck in traffic and filtering between 1 & 2 (safely of course) and then get to someone who is moved over to the centre of their lane just far enough that I can't get past, and even though they have plenty of space in front of them where they could move aside with very little effort, they just look at me with a blank face as if to say "Well i'm here and I can't be bothered to move, so you can wait like me"

HOWEVER, I always give a cheery wave or a warm thanks to the drivers of cars, vans, lorries and coaches who take the time to fold in their mirrors and/or move aside in plenty of time when they see me coming. One bloke did a full right lock on his wheel so his coach would move aside 12 inches in lane 2 for me to get through. I gave him a big wave. But the cockwomble in their BMW in lane 1 who couldn't be arsed to move got a long leer from me and a muttered wanker.

• Like Like x 4
  3. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wouldn't waste your time mate, the police are not bothered!!
    We have a sports centre a couple of hundred yards up the road, you see them come out driving down the road no seat belts, checking their phones, usually well over the 20mph limit, and plod say there is no where to clock them!
    Our road joins a 30mph road that nobody takes any notice of either, T bone crashes on the junction regularly and still they aint bothered!

4. OnlySon

OnlySon Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK
    Coming in the road today towards my home town when I saw a tractor and trailer with a queue behind it a bit in front.

Kinda slowed down a bit just incase but it didn't stop Mr `Impatient Dickslap` from pulling out to overtake on a blind bend. Forced me right into onto the verge. Was tempted to get off but thought better off it. He stared at the steering wheel, stopped in the middle of the road and had nowhere to go. Cockwomble.

5. PhilB

PhilB Active Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Norfolk
    Haha. This just sums up the English attitude. Lazy, and expect everything given to us. I hate us! Embarrassed to be english.

The ones that see you coming and 'drift' to the right to casually block your path is a classic too.... Or are they just on their phones!?!?

• Like Like x 1
  6. PhilB

PhilB Active Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Norfolk
    I had a similar situation a few weeks ago..
    Why does everyone always have somewhere important to be? Have they left the bath on!? Is dinner burning!? Is someone dying a horrific death and they need to get there asap!?

Why can't people understand that an extra 30 seconds to wait and overtake safely, doesn't make a difference, as half a mile down the road, they're then stuck behind a lorry, or by a red light..
    I'm sure people think they're racing sometimes, slashing valuable tenths here and there :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I was in the car the other day, 3 lanes coming down to 2, 400 yards to go I am in the outside lane and artic pulls from lane 2 to halfway across lane 3 to stop cars overtaking. Probably not on mobile as hasn't got opposing thumbs to use one!!

8. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Thats cos he was writing a rant on his HGV Forum, about the twats that were forcing there way in with only 200 yards to go before 3 lanes became 2 !!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D;)

But yeah, he probably was stoping you from racing past him, then sqeezing in at the last moment, which causes the car behind to brake and then it snowballs into the 2 lanes being stationary !!!! :oops:

• Like Like x 4
  9. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    First time for everything.
    I regularly fill up at a very convenient petrol station near to where I work.
    Pulls in a couple of weeks ago one morning, takes my gloves off, locking filler cap off, nozzle out of the pump, Nothing!
    Puts the nozzle back in just in case it hadn't set the pump off, nozzle back out, Nothing!
    Looks across to the kiosk and sees the attendant making some sort of casual sign language.
    Puts the nozzle back in the pump, takes it out again, Nothing! For F***s sake!
    Looks back to the kiosk, same F***ing sign language. What the F**k!
    I walk across to the kiosk and ask if the pump is broken or something ?
    "No, comes the reply, you've got to take your helmet off"
    "I've never taken my helmet off ever to fill up, what's the problem ?"
    "Company policy, can't serve you until you take it off"
    "Come on mate, I don't want to have to take all this headgear off just to fill up, I use this garage regularly and have never been asked to take my helmet off"
    "Sorry, company policy"
    "For F***s sake, all I want to do is buy some F***ing petrol"
    "Right, I'll let you do it just this once, but next time you will have to take it off"
    "Thanks, but there won't be a F***ing next time"
    I must admit I was surprised he served me after the expletives, but what a F***ing jobsworth!

• Like Like x 5
  10. PhilB

PhilB Active Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Norfolk
    I enjoy following lorries (when not on the bike) they sit at such a lovely speed with no dramas!
    If you overtake one, you'll only get behind another, and end up holding up the one you've tried oh so desperately hard to get round in the first place :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. PhilB

PhilB Active Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Norfolk
    Love that.
    I hope you squeezed every last drop in that day to make sure she was on the brim!!

I had a 'fairly' similar situation in my first year of riding when I was 16.
    My little Pug wasn't very thirsty, but £1.50 went a very long way then! So I walk into the garage and he says to me..

'Minimum fill up of 2 litres'

I say my tank is full, so you can either take my money, or I'm happy to be on my way!?

As said above.. Jobsworths! Haha. Maybe they're just bitter stuck in there boring forecourt while we're out having 2 wheeled fun.

• Like Like x 2
  12. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yeah! Cars were moving at a reasonable pace and I was using a bit of road that was put there to be used, meanwhile he was causing a traffic jam in 2 lanes. But then truckers think they own all the road anyway so there's no surprise there!
    And while I'm on the subject:rolleyes:
    Trucks that over take other trucks :mad: at 2 mph faster but haven't looked ahead to see there's a slight incline which then slows him down by 10 mph compared to the 8 mph of the other truck!
    Oh and the truck in the restricted 50mph that tailgates the car in front because they're not doing 55. :oops::rolleyes::eek:

• Like Like x 1
  13. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    So when is the right time to filter? Before or after some plonker has got out of his car on a motorway to exchange phone numbers with someone who's just caused a tailback in 2 lanes of traffic?:eek::p Cos if there wasn't one there will be now
    Or when some trucker deems it is his god given right or when....oh forget it!!!

14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #94 Havit, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    A good number of HGV drivers are bike owners as well. Most are tuned into Riders. It still dont stop them texting though.

Just out of interest .....Confession Time !!!!
    When Driving ( Be Truthfull) how many of us look at there phone ?
    Look, Text, Answer. Ect

I have a Parrott Hands free as im on the phone all day at work but even that distracts.

15. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I Did that on the way back from the Grand Meet. massive jam on the dual Carrageway and this bloke kept moving over every time i tried to pass . A Truck driver see what was happening and made room for me. So as i went passed i gave the car a good slap on the mirror to the amusement of the truck driver (he flashed his lights) :D:D Im sure it smashed, i didn't stop to look :D

• Like Like x 3
  16. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Never, not since I got pulled for using a phone in the late 90s, before it was even illigal. No points or fine, just a warning to concentrate on driving. I was working at the time and had taken a call from my boss...

So now I don't look at the phone. Bluetooth through the car speakers is far better and usually it is a short, "cant talk as i'm driving, i'll call you back"

I have seen women putting on makeup at 60mph using their phone camera, and blokes watching a film on an iPad resting on the steerig wheel.

I can usually tell when a driver is on their phone because they are driving slower than other traffic, drifting accross their lane and suddenly jerk the vehicle back in like.

To be honest, I have found most lorry/coach drivers more willing to move aside when in traffic. 4x4 are the most arrogant.

• Like Like x 2
  17. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Nobody is that important that I have to answer to when I'm out driving, and I NEVER call any one, they can all wait until I get home!
    Luckily I packed up van/7.5 lorry driving just as mobiles were coming in, my firm would have been bedlam, bad enough when I got a message at the next drop to phone them and 'just nip across to Nottingham to pick up...........'etc.
    That bastard who got 10yrs the other day for crashing into a stationary line of traffic killing 3 kids & a mother wasn't even on his phone to talk or text but sorting out music!
    That's what fucking radio's are for!
    I hope he has a rough time of it in stir!
    Penalties need to be more stringent, at least 10yrs per victim for death caused by using a phone while driving and 6 points each time caught on the bloody thing while driving!

• Like Like x 5
  18. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    bring back pagers. At least they could be ignored or the excuse of vandalised phoneboxes would always be used. Ex despatch riders will know what I mean

19. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    It might be my age but I hate the fact that folk can get hold of you at any time day or night via the bloody mobile phone.
    What happened to a bit of peace and solitude ?
    Great in emergencies, which fortunately shouldn't happen that much for most folks.
    As for passenger distractions, it depends who the passenger is:D

20. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw