Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    We get a lot of kids on their offroad bikes tear arsing along the road, just waiting for the next one to hit a car, the last one to collide managed to kill himself. Shame they are that young they don't have any sense of their own mortality yet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    it sounds as if this problem is worse in England? I've heard that Edinburgh is really bad for bike thefts and I'm guessing Glasgow will be much the same, but as for bikers speeding through built up areas I've not heard or seen anything like that. Maybe someone from the big cities in Scotland will know if that's a problem

3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    We had a 20 Yr old father who died in Birmingham travelling at up to 88 mph(police estimated) in a 30 limit, hit a car doing a right turn. Witnesses stated that the car driver was doing everything right, he did not pull out on the bike, it was all due to the sheer speed of the bike. The bike had no tax or insurance
    I feel sorry for the driver.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    Property TAXES...
    After going thru the rigmarole$ of refinancing and getting the "a$$e$$ed" property value down to something other than the {pu$hed by realtor$} "market value"... the tax bill arrived today, up 33%.

Damn liberal$, alway$ have their hand in your wallet.

They are stealing from my kids & grandkids.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Booking.com shoving "gay safe destinations" in my face. FFS. I'm not gay, nor homophobic for that matter. But really? Surely these people are able to find a nice place to holiday for and by themselves.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yes the world has gone barking mad. Don’t know how many gay people there are but I’m sure it is a very small minority, but the majority of us have to put up with being bombarded with their marketing choices. And I’m not homophonic either.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Totally agree. If someone is gay, good for them I hope they are happy, but why the need to go on about it. It's not as if they are vegan:grinning:

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    What the feck even is a gay safe location? Thats like those stupid stickers people put in their car windows... baby on board. Yeah I was gonna ram your car for the hell of it... you fecking dime bar!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  9. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Count yourself lucky that's all they're shoving in your face. :cold_sweat:

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    I live about 25 miles east of Philadelphia, PA, across the Delaware River in NJ. Philly has always been "The City." Whenever you wanted the best food, museums, sporting events, shopping, etc., you went to The City. I still have a few relatives there from my mom's side. I won't go there anymore. Murder rate has skyrocketed, muggings are rampant and the latest plague is swarms of little cretins on off road vehicles taking over streets. Dirt bikes, quads, trikes, dune buggy-type vehicles, you name it. They travel in packs of up to fifty or more. They drive like lunatics, weave in and out of traffic and will stop, closing a street down to do stunts. If one challenges them, they attack en masse, damaging cars or worse, dragging the occupants out and beating the shit out of them.
    Police won't chase them because they scatter like cockroaches and can go where a police cruiser can't. If one of the little peckerheads gets hurt or killed when police pursue, the officer is crucified criminally and civilly.

AH.PNG

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    I feel for you. I'm in NJ. Highest property taxes in the country. I have a small ranch house (1800 sq. ft.). I pay $6500 a year in property taxes. Good friends of ours just moved to DE. A comparable property there? Less than a grand a year.

Not to mention, the highest car insurance rates, most restrictive firearms laws (with the possible exception of California), worst infrastructure (our roads are for shit) and the highest cancer rate in the country.

There are two kinds of people in NJ. Those who are leaving and those who wish they could. I am in the latter category.

12. Sprinter1050uk

May 4, 2017
    Mansfield, Notts
    What about any kind of sport just recently. Most pundits/commentators are telling us that football, rugby, golf and any other kind of sport must “be inclusive “ When I was a kid I’m not sure if there were gay people, but there must have been, but no one was ever stopped from being in the school team if they were any good. There was one team, the best one available and heaven forbid, we wanted to win. I didn’t get up on a cold Sunday morning and run around on an icy pitch ripping my thighs apart on the ground just to take part. Watched 10 minutes of the Commonwealth Games ceremony. On stage were there were three non males and all I took from what they had to say was “ for the first time there are more medals for women than men” Who cares? No one stops anyone taking part in sport as far as I am aware. Well done to the womens’ football team but how many tests before we have the “ not sure what I want to be World Cup” As things stand now they will have to start the play offs very early as they will be inundated with so many teams.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    "Not sure what I want to be" {NSWIWTB} is fine... NOT really.

The decision {by the Olympic Committee} that the competitor must have made the decision as to "what am I?" prior to its 12th birthday, is that of cowards. It moves the issue to young children and predators.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Seen today .. " Who gives a fuck about your stick figures " :laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    'Baby on board' stickers, seem to remember them being introduced to tell the emergency services to look for them in serious crashes. Now they seem to indicate the mental age of the driver.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Trouble is they don't remove the stickers when there isn't one on board so can waste time too : unamused:

17. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Having worked thirty years as a Fireman I can definitely say that I never even noticed any stickers on the vehicles we turned out to.
    Baby seat or booster cushions yeah we saw those indications of perhaps children. Stickers? Never even looked for them. I don’t like having any stickers on my vehicles as I think they look tacky.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Does seem to show the mental state if they don't realise that the kids have gone missing ! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
  20. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    'Twas one of the American ' exports' that a few people started using. I did wonder if it was to remind them that they had kids in the car.

• Funny Funny x 2