Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    You have to get enough people to show their dissatisfaction to the political trend setters, so that the slimy, brown extrusions feel that it’s a strong enough band-wagon to help carry them into office.
    Look what happened when an angry autistic kid refused to go to school… but people are more and more apathetic and so less good ideas raised in places like “political clinics” make the headlines, so activists are resorting back to suffragette-style shock tactics to try and get their voices/opinions heard - glueing themselves to busy roads and the like…

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Whilst not fixing the actual problem, in my community there is an army of litter pickers that volunteer, giving their time to go around and pick up the litter.
    Unfortunately the fines/punishment for littering is no deterent and the police are to busy with other crimes to police the problem. Not sure other than saying something when you see people littering. Of course this brings it's own problems......

I recently seen a young woman throw a cigarette packet our of her car in a Tesco car park. I went across and said I think you have dropped something from your car, she blushed and picked it up. I went into the shop and when I came back out the car had gone, and yes the cigarette packet was in the place where the car had been. People just don't have any social responsibility, familiar theme across many things across society.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    I agree with you @Wessa , people just don't give a shite...

We have had litter picks "round by the shops", but within a few weeks, its full of rubbish again...so another volunteer litter pick. Personally, I am not going to do anymore there as I feel like a dick, a schmuck, like I'm being had...

I am all for helping, and am certainly all for helping those that can't help themselves - at the very least to "get up to par"; but if very specific local communities continue to literally shit on their own doorstep; I don't think it should then be up to the good will of others to tidy up after them.

I will, but only if there is consequences for their continued messing...

I too said to a big burly chap that he seemed to have dropped his take-away detritus under his car - I saw...but perhaps he didn't realise. He sucked his teeth and told me it wasn't his, and to fu#k-off.... I mean, these people can vote...and are allowed to have children ffs!

I am too much of a coward, but seriously, one day someone's gonna flip...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Not sure it is being a coward. It is unfortunate that there is a high probability that they could be drunk, on drugs or just thugs carrying a weapon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

My typical concealed carry is a CZ 2075 in the winter with IWB holster. I go with a 10 round starter mag and a 15 round back up. It's a bit of a brick so sometimes I just go with a S&W Model 60 loaded with .38 +P instead of .357 with an extra speed-loader for quick runs to the store. I can just hang it on my belt line and don't even need a holster. In the summer months when I'm dressed down I got a little pocket roscoe chambered in .22 MAG because the way I see it any hole you put in someone that they weren't born with is going to give them a really bad day, and it also blows out a tennis ball-sized flash for effect. I use special purpose ammo here that's designed to penetrate clothing before it expands. At 3m .22 MAG will dome somebody proper and can potentially travel straight through a human torso.

As an added bonus, NC is a "Stand Your Ground" state. You have no duty to retreat in the face of a deadly threat. A few months ago some 20-something yr old gal zapped a mugger on the first day that she got her carry permit… in broad daylight, right by the downtown bus station, surrounded by witnesses. She wasn't charged and was quickly released after a brief questioning.

And yes I'm rubbing it in. :imp:

6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Not rubbing anything in here. I would not want the gun laws changed here. The last thing I want to do is go out carrying a gun.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#4447 Golgotha, Dec 31, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2021
    With certain rights(it's a right here, not a privilege) comes responsibility, and in the case of bearing arms- maturity and restraint. If you can't balance those attributes, being an armed individual definitely isn't for you. Moreover, bad guys seem to have a sort of sixth sense and can size someone up as either a soft or hard target. When you're carrying many tend to put off an air of "hard target." That certainly wasn't the case with our girl over by the bus station, but like I said- she was new to the arena… and her assailant learned the hard way not to fuck with someone responsibly exercising their rights. If a 20-something yr old female urbanite can do it, anyone in their right mind can.

8. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    You guys in the good ol' US of A must be used to this and would consider what you've just described as normal, the right to carry arms and all that. But it makes me feel slightly sick. We are so fortunate not to have gone down the same route. I know we have problems with knife crime and to a much lesser extent, gun crime, but I hope we never feel it's acceptable hand out guns to pretty much everybody.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

We don't either, and we don't "hand out guns to pretty much anybody." You have to go through a background check that's run through the ATF. And any enhanced weapons possession requires additional checks and hefty fees.

So despite what the BBC crackpipe feeds you, it's not at all easy to purchase a firearm in the US.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Given the number of mass shootings you guys suffer you cannot convince me that the checks are that difficult to get past. Or maybe the perpetrator are just taking somebody else’s guns.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#4451 Golgotha, Dec 31, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2022
    Well you guys have made guns unobtainable legally if not for all practical purposes made them illegal and by your own admission there’s still a gun problem so’s there that.

And last I checked, despite all the “preventative measures” over there the UK remains one of the most violent places in Europe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    It's obviously not working.

2021 incidents

Mass murders (>=4 people killed): 28
    Murders/homicides: 17,385
    Children killed: 1,522
    Defensive use (killed): 1,235

13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I guess what we are exposing here are the massive cultural differences between our two countries. Not a lot of point in continuing with this, so I have said my piece and am going on radio silence on guns…

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @beerkat, I'm living in "the cool ol' US of A" and it makes me feel slightly sick, too. Actually, often far more than slightly. :( I'm "used to this" but that's a sad statement. Maybe a better way to say it is that I feel rather numb to it. And that's even sadder.

15. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I agree, Wessa. I've said my piece and am done, too. Living in the U.S., I know that differences of opinion on this issue won't be going away any time soon--certainly not in my lifetime.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

There’s over 350 million legal guns privately owned in the US that the government even knows about.

If we were the problem you seriously know it.

17. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Take a gun to go to the store?
    Can’t you even see how wrong that statement is?
    It’s too late for change for your country of course but I’d rather be as we are.
    How stupid is this? I once had a gun pulled on me when in Texas for not turning left at a junction quicker.
    Beyond comprehension.

18. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#4458 Golgotha, Dec 31, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2021
    There are numerous cases of people legally carrying handguns who’ve thwarted shootings and other violent crimes in public places… such as stores. In fact it’s more common than you’d think.

So there’s that.

Nice copy/paste job there. Absolute bullshit unless you can post your source.

(edit)- And your copy/pasted stats are all LEGAL owned guns too, I’m sure.

Spare me. : unamused:

19. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

If all the guns are bought by verified owners and kept safe, where are all the other guns coming from?

That's a rhetorical question. I'm not getting in to another pointless debate.

20. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Same place they’re coming from in England… criminals.

You be you, man. “Stay between the lines… the lines are your friend.”

• Like Like x 1