Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    #4421 Dave49, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    An interesting article, Sandi, making the point that knee-jerk sanctions might have unforeseen consequences, and need to be properly thought through.

It seems to me that there are two broad types of anti-vaxxers. One is the sort of weak-minded people who fall easily for conspiracy theories and half-baked stuff that they pick up from the internet. The other is political extremists who place their own absolute freedom to do or not do whatever they like above the impact on other people, about whom they just don't care.

In my younger years, most people did have some sense of social responsibility, but, ever since the days of Reagan and Margaret ("There is no such thing as society") Thatcher, the cult of extreme selfishness has spread widely.

I do find it hard to resist the idea that both of these groups - the stupid and the selfish - should have to pay some sort of penalty for their anti-social behaviour, which is hampering the overall fight against this disease. At the very least, they should be at the back of the queue for hospital treatment. People needing, for example, cancer treatment, should not be pushed out by those who are only ill because they have refused to be vaccinated.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    • WTF WTF x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    • Funny Funny x 3
  4. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Yes, and they’re allowed to toss their balls in any one of 3 rings… how inclusive is that?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    Yes, I thought they looked like a bunch of tossers...

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Boot laces. Treated myself to new pair of BKS lace up boots yesterday. Got them home and tried to put them on only to find the laces had been crossed from the bottom to the top of each boot. Had to re-lace them to loop across the eyes which allows the laces to loosen easily, both before putting them on and when tightening them up.
    Why do manufacturers always cross the laces, which pisses me off every time I get new boots or shoes :(

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    @Wessa ’s new YouTube video...

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Number 3 baffles the crap out of me. Number 2 for me!

10. Biff

Biff Active Member

Jul 17, 2021
    Buckinghamshire
    I think someone has way too much time on their hands …..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I got bored by the time the fourth one started…. this is how I lace mine.

14AD4F1A-804D-4180-806D-E78C178E571D.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I guess about as far up my legs as they would on yours :heart_eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Just had to submit to an NC inspection to reregister the bike by the end of the month. I have dual residency and try to keep my vehicles registered in FL- They provide 2 year registrations and require no annual inspections, plus vets with my rating get massive fee discounts in FLDMV. Problem was I don't actually have my title because the bike's financed. I won't get the title until I'm paid off so I can't flip the papers until then. I waited in line for an hour on MON to learn this then had to cut my FL trip short to get inspected back in NC before the end of the month.

Fuck a bunch of government.

14. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    • Agree Agree x 7
  16. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    I genuinely would be interested to know of jailing this chap for 5 years (aren't people out after 50%?) willake any difference to the fact the drugs are available, being sold, or to him selling them in the future?

Is any, actual, discernable difference made?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    I suspect it creates a small vacuum that a lot of eager, but lower positioned POS’s are all too happy to jostle position for…

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    I'll say it again...someone's gonna "flip" and these scum (and others in general) is going to come to harm as the community tries to wrestle control back, as law and order, judicial system etc clearly fail.

I walk my dog around a local recreation ground. Myself and others have done little picks ... yet, with a clean slate, it's not long before the bottles and general shite is wafting around again...

I'm happy to clear it once. I'm happy to even clear it twice....but three times? Is it reasonable to remove a digit with a pair of pliers of some n'er-do-well each time they then litter? I'm not suggesting we do...but what? What can we do? Since when has it become ok to drop litter?

Have you pulled up at a controlled junction joining a motorway? The rubbish on the side is disgusting...

This isn't from "the 70s". It's fresh rubbish. Costa cups. Face masks. McD packaging. This isn't dropped by kids in a park. This is dropped by people who drive cars...adults.

Actions without consequences...it's why we are where we are.

So. That's the problem.

What's the solution?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    #4440 Octoberon, Dec 30, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    Snipers. ;)

• Like Like x 4