Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I think that charging full costs for treatment after "sporting accidents" would be a sticky wicket, Andy. A vast proportion of health care costs in the U.S. are due to people being overweight and obese. So using this as an example, if someone starts bicycling to lose weight and does things proactively to become more healthy but has an accident doing so, should automatically be charged the full costs for treatment if they are injured? And by "road accidents", do you mean motorcycle, automobile, what? What if someone other than the injured party is 100% at fault. To me, it's more complicated than meets the eye. Ah, indeed a sticky wicket.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

That being said- Some years ago I incurred a skydiving injury requiring a $40K surgery. At the time I was jumping pretty frequently. The surgeon, therefore the insurance provider, knew how I got hurt. Once I was healed up, I was right back in the air. As usual I was privately insured and they covered it less a $500 deductible and a few dollars here and there for 'scripts and a follow up visit or two. My subsequent physical therapy payments were 20 bucks a visit.

My insurance did not go up one penny.

Just putting that out there.

3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Imagine that (good btw) option was the other way around….

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    So the majority of people with Covid requiring admission to hospital are unvaccinated. I have a solution to preventing the NHS from becoming overwhelmed - leave the selfish feckers in the car park, so the NHS can focus on reducing the huge backlog of vaccinated sensible people who require treatments like hip replacement, knee replacement, cancer treatments etc etc.

• Agree Agree x 12
  5. Petrol

Petrol Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2016
    North Wilts.
    This is the propaganda they are wheeling out ! Only 36% are unvaccinated. There are also more people in the 35 to 65 double jabbed with covid than without . As with all things with statistics you can take one category and make it fit your agenda.
    What I find disturbing is their insistence on covid passes . Does it make you immune, no . Can you still catch it , yes . Can you be asymptomatic and carry it , yes . So apart from taking lateral flow tests at the venue , what good are passports ?

6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I guess it comes down to what to believe and from which source. I can’t help but agree with @Rooster that those not vaccinated no matter how many, should be at the back of the queue for treatment. Trouble is that is never going to happen as it would be against those poor souls human rights.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Petrol

Petrol Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2016
    North Wilts.
    Like I said the 90% the guardian & bbc are quoting are very old facts and in my opinion are deliberately misleading.
    I work at a railway station on the ticket barriers an was exposed to people for six months , no jabs , no screens and no masks .
    Then we got screens and I got double jabbed and then I got covid . My wife was in the house with me for 10 days and didn't get it .

Screenshot_20211216-193429_Adblock Browser.jpg

8. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    #4408 Rooster, Dec 17, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    I guess we could argue the percentages, certainly those in hospital who then require intensive care is much much higher than 35%, with 80% being the figure most are quoting, but even at 35% what a wast of NHS resources treating a bunch of selfish idiots.

Regarding your comments on corvid passports, I would have thought it was obvious that the intent is to encourage the 18-35 age group to get vaccinated so that if they subsequently catch covid they won’t require treatment in hospital. And of course a pass can be produced by showing a negative test result which is even better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    The endless argument, starting from an isolated case, taken as a general theory.
    Unvaccinated are under 20% of my country, and they are in Chambery hospital 8 on 10 in the covid area.
    3rd jab booked. And I also had the covid after 2 jabs. No one never said it avoid transmission.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Obviously there are some who cannot for medical reasons be vaccinated, this is to be expected in the community. You say only 20% in your country are not vaccinated, well for me that translates into a lot of people. We know that being vaccinated does not stop transmission, but it does in the majority of case prevent serious illness and this prevents the hospitals being swamped.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Yes I agree. My wife's brother despite 3 jabs will never be properly protected (SLA). Vaccine does not stop transmission but clearly reduce (by half according serious studies). When we see him, that half can be the one that let him more chance to live.

12. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    It shows that you are at least trying?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

I have well over 100 stamps on my passports from 75 different countries and if there's one thing I've learned is that engaging fellow travelers is typically a mistake no matter what the subject matter is. When traveling through the sky, do yourself a favor- mind your own business.

Just an observation from a somewhat seasoned globetrotter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Not sure I agree with you. It is very easy to workout if someone wants to stay on their own or are likely to engage in a conversation. I have travelled like you over a protracted period and have had some great conversations with fellow travellers. The trick is working out who to engage with.

just my thoughts. :):)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

That's attention to detail, stamping your passport during an invasion......:p:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

....just kidding. It's good to see someone else on here as misanthropic as me. I look forward to never meeting you! :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    ...I though we aren't supposed to be flying anymore, like... ever, otherwise Greta will show her stern face.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Greta's stern face needs a slap.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

They don't ask for passports in that situation, nor are you required to carry one. So I guess I've a couple more countries than what's officially recorded. :cool:

20. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This column was on the Op-Ed page in our local paper this morning. I find that I'm typically in the camp--emotionally at least--of those who wish to implement logical or negative consequences for individuals who have made the choice to remain unvaccinated against Covid. However, the words of this writer reminded me that this is all far more complex than meets the eye (as are many if not most things in life). It was a good reminder to not simply go with my gut but to think through, research issues, and consider alternative perspectives.

That said, it still pisses me off that many people won't step up and get vaccinated for the overall greater good. :scream::rolleyes:

IMG_5332.jpeg

• Like Like x 5