Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Another Bank Holiday, the sun is out and yet again I am on call and can't go out and play..........9 out of 10 BH's in the last 2 years :mad::mad:
    Leave gone in for every BH next year already :rolleyes:

2. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I went out for a ride to Frensham Pond and then off to Winchester - back along the A272.

It was lovely weather and a great ride.

Just thought you would like to know…

;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    FTFY

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    A lovely day indeed. I've just got back from a longish ride around Galloway - mostly around the Stewartry and into the Shire. Just about to pour a cold beer. I shall be venturing abroad later in the week: collecting something in Carlisle, then a look around the obscurer parts of the Eden Valley. Happy days. :)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Sorry @Dougie D but I couldn’t take pictures of all the beautiful scenery as it would have probably taken offence and slapped me for being a perv.

I just had to sit there wishing I was a bit younger, in possession of a personality & sense of humour, and didn’t look so bloody ugly. Or as an equally viable alternative, wish I was rich…

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I usually stay at home on Bank holidays (living where we do, near the sea, the number of day trippers coming to the coast on such days makes riding the local roads a chore rather than a pleasure) I did venture out for an hour or so this morning because the weather was so good, but the aforementioned traffic, even on the back roads, made me head back home sooner rather than later. Being retired I will probably go out again for a longer jaunt tomorrow but riding on any Bank holiday is something low down on my to do list.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I’m not a builder but the reason for the metric sizes as far as I know is to standardise building specifications making measurements divisible by 400(mm). So your ceiling joists/stud wall battens etc will be 400mm apart. I had my lounge ceiling overboarded and plastered a few years ago and the fella that did it dropped that little snippet of info out while he was measuring up. He got it spot on too, barely any left over.

8. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    If you look at a lot of measuring tapes, some have a mark every 400, or 16 inches. Thats for your stud centers

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Oh come on Ade, like me you're retired so you know very well that every day is a Bank Holiday ! :D:D:D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    I'm not sure if my weeks (since retiring) have been comprised of mainly Saturdays or Sundays, but I certainly don't miss Mondays. ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    To all the delicate little petals:-

History.png

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  12. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    History teachers lives matter. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    The UK TV Licence, or rather the £159 the robbin' gits want from you in exchange for one! That in itself is a joke, because now they say you don't even need the bit of paper and they actively send out emails suggesting that you go 'paperless'. Which really means they can save themselves a few bob by not having to send it out to you in the post. But do they offer any kind of discount for going paperless? No chance. The so and so' s can send me the bloody piece of paper every year until they do. After all its cost me £159! Grrrr.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Stopped mine, its a joke. They still do a black and white licence ffs! Who the fuck has a b&w tv in this day and age :joy:

15. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    How long is a gravy train ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Is there a colour one then? Oops, lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Iron

Iron Guest

Was happy with the way the bike was running so thought I'd pop down to the cafe to have a cup of tea etc. in celebration.

"Payment by card or exact money only" announced the sign on the counter.

I managed without a tea, or any of the other snacks on offer.

I expect they'll blame Covid for going out of business.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Bloody cyclists, again. Riding gently through Church Stretton, part of the High Street is partitioned off to encourage social distancing and one way traffic. I was indicating right at the island and halfway across, when 3 lycra louts rode straight across the front of me, causing me to brake to avoid a collision. I followed them for about a hundred metres to the next junction and was undertaken by another one on the road and one on the pavement, both chatting away as if it was ok. Spandex bandits.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    There is a mob of them from Halesowen who create a rolling road block of up to 60 riders, 3 abreast on a regular ride to Craven Arms.

20. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1