Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    Should idiots who book a covid vaccination, then don't bother to turn up, be charged the cost of the vaccine that has been wasted?
    I think they should be, if you don't want it don't book an appointment.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Though I definitely agree, Peter, I just had a conversation today with a good friend who made an appointment and something happened that she needed to change it. She made the new appointment then attempted to cancel the other one. After numerous attempts to cancel it which failed, she gave up but feels quite guilty about just not showing up. The appointments were made through an online system with no option to communicate another way. So though I think most of those who book a vaccination and don't bother to turn up may well be idiots, it's not 100%. And perhaps she was charged anyway as we're having to include our insurance information when we sign up. But that's speculation. That all said, it does make me see red when I read about wasted vaccine. :mad:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

When I have volunteered at the vaccination centre no vaccines go to waste. If it looks like the full batch isn’t going to be used (for whatever reason) the GPs call upon their last minute list of deserving people, plus carers/hospital staff etc are called that can pop in and be jabbed. Occasionally the carers/chaperones of the ‘victim’ also get offered the jab if there’s a few spare.

Nothing (in my experience) is wasted.

Better in someone’s arm than in a fridge or down a drain.

• Like Like x 12
  4. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    Going bonkers over here, as well.

They are renaming schools, streets, sports teams, now this.

Cherokee Nation chief wants Jeep to stop using tribe's name.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  5. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    As I am now living in Indian territory, oklahoma I think a financial agreement can be negotiated

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Same movement in France, speaking about renaming all places holding a name involved even from far with slavery (eg Colbert who worked on "the Black code").
    I'd rather see a better education on history, context, errors than changing a school name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    But if you change all the names and hide everything it goes away.......doesn't it?

and

"Oh and as I'm complaining is there any money in it for me?"

8. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Yes that's an interesting angle.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Never let your helmet 2 days on your bike's tank.. Especially just over the cap.
    I now ride with a nice fuel perfume. :confounded:

The good news is the tank vent is not corked ..

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    You might want to check the liner is ok still,, I suspect the fumes won't have done it a lot of good! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    It's ok, I've carefully checked. The bad smell is also away.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    Watching old film Earthquake and there is a guy doing a stunt on a motorcycle the problem is and it drives me mad the bike is a 4 stroke Honda but the soundtrack is a 2 stroke Aghhh. The other one that drives me nuts is the car that's racing around tyres squealing going around corners and when they skid to a halt but they are on dirt or grass. Rant over

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    And everything seems to have 30+ speed gearbox in movies :joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    If you want one that will really do your nut the try Torque ( V Twin that does some impossible moves whilst sounding like an in line 4, along with many other issues) :rolleyes:
    Torque_film.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    Thanks I'll try to look out for it and then maybe ignore it lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    Barn Finds.....again!

Barn find? That well known and well used term to let you know that an overpriced neglected POS is being advertised to attract the gullible rather than give it to the scrap man where it probably belongs. Seems to me the term is being used now more often than ever! Presumably people sat at home during lockdown are all scanning the small ads and ebay for the next wrec.......err bargain, they can bring home and restore to its full glory so sellers have cottoned on to the term to attract the unwary. A mate of mine who hates the term even more than me (if that's possible) pointed out there were a couple of cars for sale on ebay rotting away in an overgrown garden advertised as barn finds when there wasn't even any evidence they'd ever been in a 'barn' I mean how many barns can there be complete with a Brough Superior or Vincent Black shadow languishing under a dust sheet? I'm sure some enterprising individual will soon be advertising discounted barns themselves in order you can put your newly acquired 'heap in it. Complete with spiders and dust!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    #4177 johne, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Vet fees! We have an elderly GSD dog - Max. He's a total star, great with kids, grandkids and other dogs, we love him to bits, but for a few years now he's suffered from Arthritis and has been on a selection of pills and potions prescribed by the Vet, none of which are cheap, but of course you do what you can to try to repay the love the animal gives you. We have Pet insurance for him, but because Max is over 8 years old (he's about 14 actually) the insurer will only pay out a maximum of 80% of any claim. So for example; if the vet bill is £50 per month, the insurer will pay out £40. The monthly premium has risen steadily over the years and now stands at about £35. So taking that £50 claim as an example, by the time you've paid out £35 for the premium and claimed back £40 you are only £5 in the black. Recently our Vet has decided he's spending too much time filling in his part of the insurance claim form and has started charging for it. I'll let you guess how much the charge is? Yes, that's right £5 per form, so that nicely negates any money we might save by having the insurance in the first place.

OK you might think, but if the dog got run over and broke a hip it would cost much more than £50 to put right. That's true, but in our case poor old Max is hardly able to walk far anywhere let alone run out in front of a car!

I honestly believe Vets have put their prices up over the years in anticipation of pet owners having insurance so they can basically charge carte blanche for the treatments. Everyone has to earn a living I know, but Vets are up there with Solicitors and Dentists now on my radar for being overly greedy bastards.

DSCN1985.JPG

• Agree Agree x 11
  18. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I have two sons and one step-son. Between them they have one American Bulldog and two Cocker Spaniels. They are all spending money at the vets on a regular basis and they are all saying either it's not worth claiming on the insurance or the insurance doesn't cover the full cost. I very much doubt my sons will have dogs ever again. My step-son and his wife are childless and their dog is a child substitute. It goes swimming, eats chicken breast and sweet potato and even has a red velvet dressing gown, I kid you not.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    We had the same issues with pet insurance when we had a dog. Poor thing had dry eye’s which required drops multiple times every day. The cream/drops were circa £50 for a very small tube. The insurance company (petplan) would not pay anything towards covering the cost. So eventually I calculated that it was cheaper to stop the insurance policy and use the money to pay for the cream/drops. Both vets and pet insurance companies are robbing bastards.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    All insurance companies are robbing bastards.
    I have yet to meet a poor vet.
    Made me laugh when our cat had to be put down, the vets sent a very nice condolence card, they must have been thinking of the cash they were missing - they do have a new surgery to pay for.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1