Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    Anyone want to buy a new and unused microchip reader. Will read microchips at any distance and tell you where the carrier is located.
    Terms and conditions apply, your Internet availability may affect use.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    The whole thing is interesting but my rant is 16.00 minutes in, so just the last bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    People that say 'OMG'. It means oversize male genatailia :laughing::joy: long before oh my god

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Good to see you're back, mate!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    Todays rant for me: Postage stamps or at least the price of the effing things!

I've been writing the Christmas cards today, it doesn't take long for a Scrooge 'billy no mates' like me, but on inspection of my stationery drawer a lack of stamps was noted, I've probably not used any since last December. Popping down to the local Co-op, a Book of 12 2nd class stamps cost me £7.80. That's 65p each or 13 bob in old money if you are an old git like me! Its a bit rich when the stamps cost more than the cards themselves!

FFS I'd want the postie to deliver them riding a white swan for that money.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Not sure of your rant mate
    Is it saying people aren't speaking up or daring to encourage them to?

7. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    Post Office been told they can increase the cost of first and second class stamps. 9p on a first class stamp. I think it works out that there has been a 12% increase in stamp costs this year.

Alfie

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #4088 Sprinter, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020

Remember at the school you were told to "Show your working".

Where's the working?
    In this information age, with on-line news, unhindered by 1/2 hour shows and time restraints. It should be mandatory for all these News, programmes to show, their sources and link to them.
    Imagine how much more interested you would be in politics if you could see what was going on, even retrospectively.
    Play by play recaps on how, this law was passed, and why, on a website ready to be analysed, where and when we please. Instant, build your own documentaries complete with post match analyses by the players and managers
    Our understanding of all these issues would multiply.
    Take the portrayal of Covid.
    It is so much easier to find facts in the " non-believers" camp.
    So how can I refute their arguments, how do I prove then wrong if they are being taken off the air and loosing their jobs? Doctors with many year experience in their field sacked for what amounts to disagreeing. If a Dr can disagree then you may as well give a tramp his office.:) Shirley:)

Our media gives one politician a week a light grilling on present/future issues on a Sunday. Never a debrief on last year in politics, or an actual analysis of what happened over Brexit, for example.
    Do we have any chance of a step by step breakdown of the "Deal" and how it was achieved ( even in a years time)? Never an insight, never a tutorial only blind leadership.
    How are we training the next generation to progressive thinking, if its a bigger secret than a masonic ritual, ?
    We are told we have thousands and perhaps tens of thousands of Scientists working on all aspects of this virus and information gathering , statistical analysis, plotting spreads and rises, etc etc.
    Where are the figures? Why do I even need to ask? I should be overwhelmed with data at this point.
    This is why I call D Trump / Boris Johnson, clowns. One of the jobs of the clowns is distraction. Behind the scenes the circus carries on.

One official line, no deviation or repetition, and a veil just to get us accustomed to veils.
    unnamed (1).jpg

Always a veil.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

When you consider they had a perfect position to corner the parcel delivery market completely and all they did was moan about how no one was sending letters any more and introduce those little square holes your letter has to fit through. 8 quid for 12, wow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    RANT No.1....
    I'm still waiting for a parcel sent via RM 48hr last Friday and still no sign of it. Their online tracker says it is still at the senders end in the RM sorting office. Tried to speak to someone but they're "not taking any more calls due to demand, please try later". Crap.

11. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    RANT No.2.......
    I see they want all existing gas powered central heating boilers replaced by either Ground Source Heat Pumps or go all electric. The "average" cost of a GSHP instal is £11k to £15k and in some cases a lot more. Who's going to pay for all this? We just forked out £2500 for a replacement gas boiler last year as the old one became obsolete at 10yrs old needing a part that was no longer available and that took some swallowing! Our first boiler installed when the house was built lasted 30yrs. The guy who replaced the dead one last year thought it hd "done well" to last 10 years. Crap.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Err...... I was replying to sprinter not the postage problem:joy:

13. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Ironic or wot?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    #4094 alfie, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Doh, apologies. One day I will get it right
    Alfie

• Like Like x 1
  15. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Um you can't just replace a gas boiler with a ground source heat pump boiler, you have to replace every component in the house and all associated piping and pump systems because it's too small to transfer heat. Gas boiler working fluid (water) is 140-180 degrees F. Heat pump maybe 105 maximum. Big difference for heat transfer to room temperature. 70+ degrees vs maybe 35 so 2 times less. Further more you or your neighborhood probably lacks the electrical power capacity to do this. Stupid feckers in government cubed.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Bought a new $600 bicycle for the GF yesterday, put it on the bike rack and drove 30 miles home. Went to lift it off the rack and tire was flat, pulled the tube because it wouldn't take air and found a split in the tube. Thru tire and wheel in the back of the car, and drove 30 miles back to dealer. New tube installed, and put it back in the car. Stopped to pick something else up and was sitting in my car checking my phone in a parking lot, PSST, second tube failed at a totally different spot just sitting there. Back to dealer. Can we say qaulity control in the presence of a bean counter.

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

the charges in full are listed here...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk-news/32-men-kirklees-charged-west-19432402

• WTF WTF x 1
  18. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Dont like the BBC, hope they crumble

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    In this day and age it would seem the sensible way to go

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Erling

Erling Elite Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Norway
    Not fun. Was it a rear mount rack? If so, was the wheel close to the exhaust? My Thule rack manual warns against this. Just an idea, as you experienced it twice.