Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I think @Sandi T. has appropriated that knowledge... them swede types have potty mouths!!!... but does she know what a “get daft, spawny-eyed, parrot-faced wazzock” is???

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Yes, if it means that i can do my own thing (a bit selfish i know) then i'll definitely have it.
    Wasn't against it at all but I didn’t want to be "technically forced" to have it either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep agree completely. I don’t have any concerns about having the jab, but do recognise that people do have a choice. It is a bit like going into some shops and venues where they take your temperature. Again I’m not bothered, but understand others might be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    After Mengele and his Japanese counterparts were done with human experimentation it was expressly incorporated into one of the few meaningful bits of international law that all medical treatment should be based on informed consent.

I regard it as an outrage that the consent principle is so readily abandoned on some totalitarian assertion about what constitutes the ‘public good’. That is straight out of communist China.

As a population we have no difficulty with demonstrably safe, properly tested and regulated vaccines.

Do not give up your freedoms; especially in little drips. They do not get returned.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    #4067 Vulpes, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    I visited Unit 731 in Harbin, Manchuria. The experiments performed on people by the Japanese were just horrendous.
    The physicians (and their leader) were granted immunity by the Americans in exchange for their knowledge on biological warfare...

Unit 731

• Informative Informative x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    #4068 Wessa, Dec 1, 2020
    Yes it was truly horrendous what has been done by humans to humans down the ages. And it continues today. However in my mind rightly or wrongly it is a massive leap from those acts to what is being suggested to control the virus. It is unlikely to be made in law that you have to prove that you have had the vaccine, but more likely be imposed by venues that want to provide confidence for people who want to enter their premises. Once the virus has been controlled it is unlikely that this practice will remain in place. Just my view.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The thing about traps is that they are designed to be invisible to their prey. Conversely not all traps are created by design. Some are exploited when they are recognised as having developed.

Do you seriously want our police and politicians thinking they can impose lockdowns at will?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    The die has been cast, they do, they can, and they will, impose lockdowns at the drop of a hat

But that is different to a vaccine, which I’ll still take once I get to the head of the queue :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Well I think it would be a good idea. Why shouldn't restaurants and such venues take precautions to protect their customers and staff. Indeed they have a duty to do so. It's a bit like not allowing smoking on the premises. That's done in order to protect people.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    No I’m not suggesting that. As far as I’m aware it is being debated today if the current controls (tiers) should be implemented. Also as I understand it in emergencies the police can impose local lockdowns to control certain situations. Like terror threats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #4073 Sandi T, Dec 1, 2020
    Yes, I believe I am, Callumity, thanks (once again) to my EX-husband. :rolleyes:;)

• Funny Funny x 9
  14. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    You picked him!

• Funny Funny x 6
  15. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    :joy::joy::joy: Good point, Callumity. And it turned out to be one of the poorest decisions I've made in my lifetime. I'll blame being young and gullible. ;) Ah well, at least he's an ex. :) And I did learn some "vocabules" out of the deal, as he used to call words like "wanker".

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    If getting fired will not budge me off my principles, not being able to go to a stupid restaurant surely will not. Yes, I've lost a job for standing my ground before and it will happen again, I'm sure -probably within the next few months.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Seems reasonable to me.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  18. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
  19. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I don’t know tbh. Probably some proof of past appointment?
    I don’t think there’s plans of getting a certificate at all but when you visit some places, you have to have proof from your docs that you’ve had booster jabs so maybe that’s it somehow?

20. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Bill Gates has already said he intends there will be a micro chip implanted with the vaccine.

• Funny Funny x 6