Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Big Brother is watching you.

Did you know that when everyone was having ‘phone disruptions’ earlier this week, they were adding COVID-19 Trackers to our phones! If you have an Android phone, go under Settings, then GOOGLE settings and it’s there. If you have an iPhone, go to settings, privacy, then health. It’s there. Check it out. Sneaky. Yes it is off at the moment but under the circumstances who knows if they will not turn it on automatically or make it so that you have to or you phone won’t work properly! Call me suspicious.

104785423_2348892858746259_1924696098087413465_o.jpg

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

So it is...

95FD1967-8E42-4AD0-BD1E-FDE523A8296E.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

upload_2020-6-20_11-15-20.png

• Funny Funny x 7
  4. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Big Brother is watching you...…………….

I don't mind him watching me.

I do mind him interfering in my life by installing unwanted and intrusive software on my device.

I do mind him deleting Kate Hopkins twitter account because it offends Nick Clegg and his purple haired friends, mincing and flouncing and tree hugging.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    I don’t even want him watching:(

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    Isn’t this illegal uploading tracking software without permission?

• Like Like x 4
  7. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Personally I’m not really bothered if it means it might help protect me from getting infected, or help stop the spread to others.
    There’s already enough CCTV and surveillance infrastructure in this country for the authorities to see what were all up to most of the time anyway.
    This app is just a more granular and accurate extension of that surveillance.
    If you’re really that bothered, leave your phone at home when you’re out doing something dodgy. :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

but how would I film the money shot...

Did I say that out loud?

• Funny Funny x 9
  9. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    #3369 Judd Dredd, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020

Just to clarify, as has been pointed out, yes ALL lives matter....... but there are some that matter a little less to me..........

like the person that did this......

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
  10. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    • Like Like x 1
  12. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    My rant of the day today?

LED security lights.

Like many of you I guess, I have several of these devices dotted around the outside of my house and on the garage, front and rear. The one at the front of the garage gave up the ghost last night. They seem to go dim and the little pixel thingys don't fully illuminate, which is usually the sign they need replacing.

Of course in the 'old' days with the old type, you would just replace the halogen filament. I've still got a load of 500w bulbs in a drawer somewhere. But these things don't seem serviceable and so its throw away and buy a new one. But the buggers aren't cheap are they? I've had several 'GO POP' in the last couple of years, but this one on the garage is only just over a year old. I've taken it to bits in case water had got inside (it chucked it down here last night) but it seems fine from that perspective. Has anyone got one of these thats actually lasted for several years, which is what they are supposed to do? If so where did you get it from and how much was it? ;)

13. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    6F2E937A-8ACB-4C89-AC72-70AD8D1A3A74.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Just asking ... whats the big deal with it being there? Most people have location enabled on their phones anyway. While your phone is on it pings off towers, so you are always being tracked. Every tome you buy something on Amazon( other online shops are available) suddenly your facebook has ads related to that product, so your social media and purchasing habits are being watched. There are cameras everywhere. :no_mouth: Big brother is already watching.

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

The Racism and Fascism cards are the worst tools that were ever handed to the left wing. You cannot argue for reason or the middle ground as, unless you hand all over without a word, you are a racist and a fascist. If it wasn't for the fact that Armageddon and the end of the world as we know it is only a few years away the history books of a time to come would condemn Hitler not for WWII but for the weapons he put in the hands of left wing extremist who live in an airy fairy ideal world where everyone is equal which is totally unworkable in the real world. It's funny isn't it that the rape of Germany by Russian troops at the end of WWII, the vile treatment of the Poles, the Pogroms and a myriad other barbarities committed under communism, and the lack of free speech and forced labour camps are never mentioned by any of the left leaning people.

I am not generally of a religious bent but I do believe in God and, it seems to me, that the current situation has the marks of 'The Great Deceiver' all over it. He ain't called that for nothing and how better to get people to do your bidding than to make them believe they are marching in the light?

Personally I am trying to organise a lift off this spinning garbage ball with the next cruise ship heading for the Arcturus system before the big man upstairs hits the 'flush' button again.

• Like Like x 11
  16. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Oh aye I have been told the babes are very sexy in that system. Not met them myself but, I am told they are tall (they are known as the 'tall whites' and are said to be so white they are almost blue and extremely beautiful with blond hair and blue (almost violet) eyes. They are not to be messed with though and anyone who threatens them will have their brains scrambled or be killed on the spot.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Hmmm, not sure I’d like the single colour option, you’d be missing out on some real hotties!

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Ah well I love the colour purple (not the movie!) and blue so I'm sorted! True I prefer a redhead but when in Arcturus you do as the Arcturians do, or die.

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

You’d probably like Fuchsia and Baby Blue, the Succubi from the Sinfest artworks (I know I do)

EE7A1171-555E-4614-93DF-2707BD76B598.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  20. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    I need to know what it is you are drinking Duck, whatever it is I won't a barrel of it, either that or it's those magic mushrooms you must be chewing :D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3