Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

I have to say that this Covid19 is really getting on my nerves, especially here in the land of the jaggy thistle where the boss still has us by the short and curlies and won't let us out to play properly yet. I know the damned thing is real as a few buddies have fallen victim to it but, personally, I ain't at all sure that the Lockdown is doing any good and is possibly going to send the UK and Scotland in particular right doon the tubes financially, especially as we Jocks are in limbo for at least another week. Can't help but feel that the whole BLM shenanigans wouldn't have gotten a foothold if there weren't all the idle hands (especially the naïve middle class students who have got more confidence in their own superior intellect than they have actual intellect) for the Devil to find work for. Doubt there would have been a whiff of trouble if it had been exam time or a nice cold winter.

Doesn't help that I am personally pissed off that Triumph Glasgow is shut so I can't go looking to try out some Bonnies. I have heard whispers that, if you ask them nicely, they will give you an appointment to go and sample the merchandise, but I don't have the necessary loot in hand yet as a lump of cash I am waiting on to spend is also being held up by the the damned virus.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Ah well my theory is that our fandabbyDOZY leader decided that she would get brownie points by 'looking out for us' and letting the folks in England stick their heads out of the door first. Logic being that, if there was a fresh outbreak she would get maximum points from us for saving our bacon and, if there wasn't any fresh outbreak she would then let us out but then she 'bottled it' and started worrying that, even though there hasn't been a fresh outbreak in England there still could be one in Scotland which would stuff her up and lose her all the brownie points she gained. She now doesn't know what to do except keep us in lockdown for a while longer and beg Westminster for handouts to keep folks from losing their shirts while they can't work. Problem is that much of Scotland's income is from hospitality tourism (in my village at least half the folks are employed at the nearby caravan park, hotel and pub and most of the rest are retired) and she won't take the brakes off that until at least mid July which is way too late for them because all the people who come from Scotland and would normally holiday in June/July will, of course, be back at work themselves if they are lucky enough to still have jobs and won't be taking a holiday either way. I reckon that we are going to really be seriously in the brown stuff to be honest and that our 'Boss' just doesn't have the guts to risk losing lives to Covid19, or rather the possibly bad press for her party, in order to avoid futures lost to poverty, joblessness and misery.

• Like Like x 10
  3. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    Bloody Traffic Wardens and City of London traffic planners should all be given to @Duckadiledundee to be massacred
    Just driven to London to sort some stuff in the office to come out to a ticket on the bike
    There’s no one in the bay and I’m parked reasonably :mad:
    22799A5D-9030-4703-924C-BADCC16353C6.jpeg
    Anyone spot what I’ve done wrong?
    BE28421C-542D-43D6-AA1A-B7B5345B805F.jpeg
    Absolute fecking bellends

• Agree Agree x 5
    • WTF WTF x 2
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • WTF WTF x 2
  5. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    There’s a sign telling you parking’s not allowed, what’s the problem? :rolleyes:

6. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    • Agree Agree x 5
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep written by a slave apparently, so yes it was always going to be a target. Mind even if the RFU ban it the fans are unlikely to stop singing it .....

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    The problem is I didn’t bloody see it:tired_face:

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Yeah, it's all those utility works that was scheduled then cancelled
    Bloody jobsworth parking wardens

Should be easy enough to appeal I hope

• Like Like x 3
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good luck mate....

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Q - What's the difference between a black man and a push bike?

A - when you put a chain on a pushbike it don't sing old man river.

Not my personal views and I have never put a chain on a black man...just found it funny...no offence intended ;)

• Funny Funny x 7
  12. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    Thanks mate, is there anything you could do before the peasants army gets mobilised, perhaps involving Panzer Divisions, Attack Helicopters, small Thermal Nuclear Devices? Balloons on sticks maybe?

• Funny Funny x 6
  13. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    And yet you took a photo of it :joy:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

If everybody in Great Britain who hates Great Britain, left Great Britain, Great Britain would be great again

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    This lady talks a lot of sense.

Why is noone in the main stream media (apart from LBC) highlighing exactly who/what BLM is, and what the consequences would be if BLM got what they really want?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    Yes once I realised what I’d done:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  17. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    And that was the thing Jez when I arrived everything was exactly the same as normal, empty bay, cars about, no big signs, so I stupidly didn’t think to look at the small post on the pavement saying there’s no parking today...

• Like Like x 3
  18. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    But Bikers Lives Matter More:)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Man cave all ready to receive its furniture tomorrow. An email from feckin' IKEA today they can't deliver tomorrow and not before the 29th due to misplanning. Very disappointed. Stupid Swedish bu@@ers.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    931C9366-3538-49DB-A716-741B0F2D95A8.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2