Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    Never oil a builders squeaky wheelbarrow wheel. It’s the only way you will know when he is working.

Alfie

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Went food shopping last night and you’d think that the lockdown had been completely lifted and there were no restrictions anymore the way people were acting.
    No distancing going on, shop staff stood next to each other chatting, even a woman with an NHS ID lanyard on coming right up next to me to get something off a shelf. You’d think she’d know better :mad:
    I can see us being forced back into harder restrictions if people don’t keep following guidelines and there’s a spike in cases again. :worried:

• Agree Agree x 12
  3. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
    The prices are rising too.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Get your food delivered. Wife has had ours delivered for the past few years, so no need to go to a supermarket. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    About the same way I used to feel that they had secret nuclear bunkers and the rest of us were going to be turned to ash.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Anniversary today 33 years [don't get that for murder] the wife found a big box of Thorntons chocolates on the table, she had the audacity to think they where for her :D

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    In central London, several hundred people gathered in Hyde Park to protest against the regulations introduced to control coronavirus.

The protesters said they objected to their rights of free speech and movement being curtailed, with some holding several placards and banners including slogans like "freedom over fear".

Police made a handful of arrests after trying to get the protestors to move on, including Piers Corbyn - the brother of former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.

_112315110_hi061496711[1].jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  9. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    I have mate, I certainly got the best part of the deal God knows what I would have turned into without her :D

• Like Like x 5
  10. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    The Corbyn tw@t was up to the same thing down here in Glastonbury, three protests in the space of a couple of weeks. It's idiots like this will get us all locked down for the rest of the summer :mad:

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Trouble is, they probably are!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I understand that people feel justified enough to take a ride out and that is for their conscience to reconcile, but why the feck does everyone insist on riding out to all their known biking haunts where they know there will be dozens of other mindless folk doing the same thing :mad::mad:
    If you are going to ride out then for feck sake stop somewhere remote, enjoy the ride, enjoy the remote location then get your arse home safely and without endangering yourself, your family and the strangers you interact with :mask::mask:
    Rant over :cool::cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Top of Long Mynd near the glider club was very nice and quiet yesterday. Watched a couple of paragliders hooning around.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

These freedom over fear folk piss me off so much! I understand their right to object but by going into large gatherings, they risk infecting themselves (fine by me - they should waive their rights to be treated for covid) and then risk innocent people they come into Contact with (which really pisses me off)

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    :D 33 years ago Duck relax it was just an anniversary, to old to go through all that again it's nourishment not punishment I need now

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Bewdley by pass, Clows Top, Newnham Bridge, Burford, Ludlow, Craven Arms, Church Stretton, Long Mynd. Back into Church Stretton, over the lights to Wenlock Edge, Much Wenlock, Ironbridge, Coalport, Bridgnorth, home. C. 100 miles

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    And have you seen the death toll over there? 80,000 and counting + 1.5 million cases. The way they're carrying on it will get a lot worse for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    At the top of the Hermitage on the way to Bridgenorth there used to be a motor museum [I think you turned left before the decent] do you know if its still going? they had a fine collection of MV Augusta's there

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Midland Motor Museum
    Stanmore Hall Stourbridge Road,

The wife just mentioned it near Bridgenorth

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Stanmore Hall, still open, great little museum and worth a visit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1