Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm not sure that's called decorating, @beerkat. I think it's actually called, uh, painting. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Ah, so I like painting. What's decorating then if painting doesn't count? I'm interested to know the US definition.

3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    So your flat was the "Pristine Chapel" then, Ducky?

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm not sure there's an exact definition of decorating here in the US that everyone would agree on. But "decorating" would nearly always involve rearranging the furniture or perhaps buying new and replacing old furniture. Different art work for the walls. Different throw rugs if the room isn't carpeted. New throw pillows or matching throw blankets for the couch. And perhaps painting, too, but that wouldn't necessarily be a requirement of calling something decorating or redecorating. BTW, our house definitely is in need of repainting (indoors). Might you be interested in helping out?! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    There’s a lot of throwing going on at your place Sandi :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

hmmm... I had you down as a law abiding person. Decent, honest chap with integrity, albeit with a distinct and peculiar fondness of ducks. Shall not prod that topic and leave that to DD as he seems better able to ask difficult questions...

I thought your wanton lawlessness was a result of fcukwit twats pushing you too far and you not being supported by society, the coppers, judges and the like? Something frankly most of us would have done to defend our families.

maybe I’m wrong?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Fair enough. I think anything done by anyone under 25 should be expunged from their record. Otherwise we’d all be in trouble. Especially if we had fcukwit mates. Which we probable all did.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    :joy::joy: Yes, freck, I did notice there was a lot of throwing going on when I hit send on that post. However, since I rarely decorate or redecorate (or paint) there's not much throwing going on in MY particular house. ;) We do throw dog toys for Annie the Boxer to fetch should she deign to fetch. But that's about it. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Today in Ulverston... :mad:

9B43BFDA-4959-4D14-8CAE-CCD6FF479D13.jpeg

10. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    It's € 1,78 (£ 1,50) here mate... :mad:

11. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

It my OCD that’s the issue really!

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    Yep - gotta watch out for those Fokkers!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. GaleForceEight

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    I used to read Battle and Action magazines back in the 70s, before everything went all PC.

14. GaleForceEight

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    Not until the next Lucifer event, which is at the beginning of April :)

It will be served cold...

• Like Like x 4
  15. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    I just had to do the maths

98 ultimate is equivalent to ~ £ 0•80/0•90 here in Australia.

:):):):)

cheers capt

• Like Like x 2
  16. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

why would you search for another faulty bulb if you have the system working? That’s why it’s always the last bulb you look at???

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    The exchange rate really opens your eyes sometimes ! The English £ buys almost 2 Aus $ ! I think it's about •52p to the $1 , I got paid $40•30 ish as a School bus driver ! That's £20 an hour , don't know what current wage is in England , but in 1999 I believe our tour coach driver was on ~ £12 ? Back then my hourly rate was $36~ , We Winge about our fuel prices :) :) . Only couple of years ago fuel was $1•20 ish that's 60p or there about a at today's exchange rate , when the £ bought nearly $2•70 and our fuel cost $1 that's really cheap fuel ! £0•37 a litre ! That was about 20 years ago :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Then I’m with the previous suggestion... £20 for some LEDs

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Bus drivers over here, london average just over £12 an hour!
    I have a friend who used to be a bus driver in Sydney, he did his 8 hrs a day split into 2 shifts so he had about 4 hrs off in the middle, as he joined before new legislations came in he was able to earn good o/t , able to come back here for a month every other year, was given a 6 month sabbatical and had ow retired to the Gold Coast with a nice bungalow, boat and is renting out his Sydney flat, and you wonder why is pomms whinge, jeez, you guys were sent out there as a punishment!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Do what I do, get the decorations out the attic, leave the country. Don’t come back til she’s done the lot!
    If the lights don’t work she chucks em in the bin and buys some new ones, if they still don’t work the same happens, I come home, get an earful, flick the switch on the plug, they come on, make a sarcy comment.

Visiting hours are between 2 and 4, grapes would be nice

• Funny Funny x 8