Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Erm! The Halfords trade card doesn’t come with the fiver sub but with the more expensive one, you can get rid of the ads for a fiver then get the trade card free by applying straight to Halfords. Let’s hear it for the Triumph forum for enterprise

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    But then you’re a bm rider so used to spending over the odds

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Feckin Amazon:mad:
    Just added an Amazon prime subscribtion to their Playz channel. £4.99, not a lot of money, but never asked!!! Nearly missed it, but got some back pay this month and was looking through my bank account.

If you have Amazon Prime, chances are they've slipped that one in.

If they've got 10 million prime members in the UK, they've just made £50,000,000 :no_mouth:

• Useful Useful x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

As long as you have a technical qualification you can get a trade card. My BEng was accepted.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Just make yourself a letter head on your computer with a mechanics, engineering company reference and it’s done, basically if you do it it means you’ll be wanting to spend money with them so they don’t bother checking.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

FB_IMG_1572709012040.jpg

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Think we'll need to join up proper like to avoid it :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

just send me your blank cheque and I’ll sort it all out for you, no worries!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

It will bounce...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    I signed up last night mate, super easy, I'm a tech retard so if I can do it I'm sure you can, :p

• Like Like x 4
  11. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Ah, I just did the fiver membership as have no real use for the Halfords card, didn't have to fill in that form, I did pay with PayPal too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Well done, as elite members now will we be presented with our own coat of arms or something :laughing:, you can tell the wife I made you do it, :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    It's all down to the amount of time since joining and likes, etc

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

As a proper ‘member’ I thought you could choose your title? “Duck man” might be good - reference to a Terry Pratchett character...

“In front of the group was a legless man on a small wheeled trolley, who was singing at the top of his voice and banging two saucepans together. His name was Arnold Sideways. Pushing him along was Coffin Henry, whose croaking progress through an entirely different song was punctuated by bouts of off-the-beat coughing. He was accompanied by a perfectly ordinary-looking man in torn, dirty and yet expensive looking clothing, whose pleasant tenor voice was drowned out by the quaking of a duck on his head. He answered to the name of Duck Man, although he never seemed to understand why, or why he was always surrounded by people who seemed to see ducks where no ducks could be. And finally, being towed along by a small grey dog on a string, was Foul Ole Ron, generally regarded in Ankh-Morpork as the deranged beggars' deranged beggar.”

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Surely the best kind of peasant would be third class?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

just make sure she hasn’t taken up any dangerous sports (bungee/base jumping) and forgot to tell you!

• Funny Funny x 7
  17. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Wait until she turns 7 :scream::scream:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Oh, Duckadile! I'm gonna use this one a lot in my own life from now on and not just for accounts that don't work but other stuff that doesn't work either. "Doesn't work due to a loss of temper". :joy::joy::joy: I could have used that one yesterday.

image.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    My rant of the day occurred to me today as I was riding my motorcycle on our weekly Sunday ride. There were seven of us today. Six were men. One woman--me. Where the feck are all the women riders?? More and more I find myself to be the only woman rider on our Sunday rides or as part of the group doing a motorcycle trip. In August we rode to Sturgis--four guys and me. In October we rode to Las Vegas--three guys and me. Today we rode to Tombstone--six guys and me. Last Sunday's ride--seven guys and me. I keep reading about how there are so many more women motorcycles and motorcycle owners now than there were even ten years ago. I think those women must all sleep in on Sundays and or not really like riding all that much. Or maybe I just have women riding friends who are not all that interested in riding. I'm also curious how the stats are generated. Maybe it's just numbers of women who pass the MSF class and get an endorsement? Ah well....

It's not that I don't appreciate my men riding buddies. They're awesome and really fun to ride and hang out with! Especially Mr. Sandi. :) But every once in awhile it would be nice to have another woman on the ride. Hey, @BonnieCat, are you out there?! :blush:

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 10.07.35 PM.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hi Sandi. Yes I'm out here. I'm in the same position as you. In the Triumph group I'm the only woman rider, at least on all the trips I've had with the guys. In my other group there's three of us but again mostly me as the others will ride pillion with their partners.
    It's ok though, I wish there were more of us but what can you do. It still seems to be mostly a boys hobby. Hopefully it will get better.

• Like Like x 4