Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    You are of course right, like all of these types of show they keep some of the worst contestants for comedic value, I have watched the show over the years still find amusement in it. The ones who get a lot of air time are certainly not usually the ones that go on to the end!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    How long has Weight Watchers 2 been going then ?

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Oh! roll out the fat jokes why don't you, me and @dilligaf got feelings ya know :sob:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    OK, ok, it was me bought your switch gear, now yours for a mere 50% increase in the original price! :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Steve 998cc

Steve 998cc Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2019
    leicestershire
    F**king energy companies was with Solarplicity till they went bust earlier this year was transfered to TOTO energy by offgem or what ever they are called they have now gone bust and being transfered to EDF. I imagine like my credit with solarplicity the credit with TOTO will vanish as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Ha ha, probably true, although it is unusual for a Yank to be early! :p

Well this is a Brit programme so you would expect them to know what year the second world war started. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Twat! You were watching the History Channel!

:joy:

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #2308 Sandi T, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I can't even stand to watch the evening news, either. That's more crap than the other crap. If I get my news from a newspaper--which I do--at least I don't have to listen to the shrill sound bites that assault my ears from the TV news. :eek::scream::p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yep, because I was on my "Hardly Ableson" Road Glide which has lovely big roomy stretched saddle bags in which to pack NEW SHOES, Ron! ;) :joy::joy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Not where I live!! :blush: You're welcome to come hang out with Mr. Sandi and me for awhile, Ron, and ride in the sun and nice temps and take a spin up Mt. Lemmon. We'll welcome you with open arms! BTW, 80ºF in Tucson feels like 70ºF most everywhere else because of how low the humidity is here.

Show weather in my current location.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Woe is me, Billy! I spend my money on both motorcycles AND shoes! :eek: Really, there's no "woe" involved. And I guess there's not really any "whoa" involved either--even when maybe there should be. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona

A centipede cleverly disguised as a human female? That's hilarious, DD! I guess I could be a centipede, too, or maybe was one in a previous life. Or maybe I'm just a shoe collector / hoarder. :rolleyes:

Mr. Sandi and I don't have a joint bank account either so we each use our own money for the things that we choose to buy. We split the cost of all our joint expenses each month like utilities, groceries, house-related costs, and the like. And we take turns paying for dinner when we eat out which we started doing back when we first started dating. As we say, sometimes it's your turn to buy when we go to Denny's and sometimes it's your turn to buy when we go to Sullivan's. (You may have to Google those restaurants to interpret that adequately.) It all comes out in the wash over time. :)

As with you and Mrs. DD, this financial arrangement works out very well for us and we rarely if ever have disagreements over money. We do often talk with each other when one of us is planning to make a large(r) purchase mostly as a sounding board and trusted advisor. Then we go ahead and do what we want. :joy::joy:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    As master of my domain and, whoa means whoa, and respect can't be a one way street! Yep she's heard take that shit back more than once.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    #2315 Old phart phred, Nov 1, 2019
    My wife hasn't worked been able to be work a normal job in 20 years when she fractured the L1 and L2 vertrabrae at home. She hoped she could recover. Did not file with social security disability immediately, so she/we got fucked X2 as she hasn't contributed,

16. Iamtheonlyone

Iamtheonlyone Senior Member

Jul 23, 2019
    The North
    42.gbp postage triumph

17. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    #2317 Biker Jock, Nov 1, 2019
    Several years ago, I switched from British Gas (I'd been with them for ever) to ScottishPower. It saved a bit of money, and actually more than they bargained for. They sent someone out to read the meters, but he accidentally switched the electricity daytime & nighttime readings, so our main usage was being charged at economy rate.

So I phoned them to point out their mistake - it was saving me a fair bit, but I'm an honest sort - and the call centre guy launched in to calling me a liar and that what I was saying wouldn't happen. Best shouting match I've ever had on the phone. When the contract ran out, and me being over £300 to the good, I switched to Ovo. They were recommended by a friend.

I explained to Ovo that the readings were wrong, so they did a simple test, proved I was correct and sorted it. I've found Ovo customer service to be excellent (they've come top for service several times), and I'm still paying less per month than I did with BG many years ago. They also pay 5% interest on credit balances (they subtract the interest off your bill each month), so way better than money in the bank.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  18. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I’d like to help but am equally incompetent and fear my advice might just make matters worse...

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Not so much of a rant but more of a slight grumble, in the last few days, on logging on to the forum, the first thing I click to look at I get a dirty great ad fill the screen, now sussed you tap the "X" top right, only once mind you, or impatient tapping takes you back several paged, and it goes after a few seconds, anyone else had this : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    I'm not mate no, been on here for long enough to have done it but not got around to it yet, will put it on my urgent "to do" list :p

• Like Like x 1