Random good deeds and acts of kindness

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Mar 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Screenshot_20191106-225158.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Usa
    I waived to a scooter today. The sun was in my eyes and I thought it was a bike but it still counts right?

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Big shout out to @Adie P for his wonderful calligraphy talent and kind gesture... he has produced an amazing piece of art for me (and my friends) Huge thank you fella!

• Like Like x 11
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Why ... thank you SO much for the mention, DCS - it's very kind of you. I am, however, somewhat 'bigged up' by use of words such as "talent"; "amazing" and "art"!! None of these is particularly appropriate or applicable to me and/or my ....ermmmm .... output? But, if you and your friends are happy with the real bit of talent (the author as opposed to the producer), then I have all the reward I need!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Is it something you could share with us on here DCS, sounds interesting.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I’ve checked and Adie is ok with it... so here you are... it's a poem for newly weds that Adie scribed out for me! Well chuffed!

FB7DF768-173A-4EAA-9F1A-68225DC05C96.jpeg

edit:-
    the rocks represent the couple and are indigenous to the area each of them are from

• Like Like x 10
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

And to be honest, the photo doesn’t do it justice, it’s lovely in the light of day!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    That's great DCS and beautifully written :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    #69 Adie P, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    DCS is being very generous indeed. I have to say that the piece was VERY challenging (for me) as I haven't even picked up an italic pen for at least four years and I was absolutely astonished at how 'kin awful my writing has become - especially for a presentation piece. If I'd had a couple of weeks longer to practice and get my 'hand' back into the regular rythm required for a more even output, then it might have been worthy of the praise it's received. As it is, it's the best I could do ..... and then not until I'd made at least 5 or 6 failed attempts! :eek: That was an awful lot of time wasted preparing the layout lines!

What DCS has very modestly omitted to mention is that I merely transcribed his words onto parchment paper. For me the true beauty in that piece is the emotion and the underlying message in the composition of the words .... that's the bit I would call "beautifully written"!

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This is a wonderful and encouraging story, DD. Thanks for posting it. :grinning: :kissing_heart:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    While I was out on the tiger today I stopped to adjust my satnav. Whilst I was sitting there a young learner rider pulled up and said I've got a problem with my clutch lever and could I have a look. A quick inspection and a little bit of adjusment and all seemed well. I asked him if he was out for a ride and he said no I'm on my way to Blackpool. When I asked where had he come from he said Birmingham and on just the A roads cause I cannot go on the motorway. You have to give this kid so much respect, it must be close to 135 miles on a small capacity machine on Christmas eve. I wished him good luck for the rest of his journey and a very happy Christmas.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Superb to hear this Wessa, a young ‘un getting into bikes and doing some decent mileage.
    Makes a change from the young scrotes on mopeds with stupidly noisy exhausts that are around here.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Young and stupid putting in the miles? Aged 18 I used to ride from Hertford to Dundee (450 miles) in all weathers/seasons...... on a YDS7 250 Yamaha. My butt cheeks had real elasticity back then. Now? Not so much :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    In a similar vein;
    1983 I had a Yamaha RD50MX and travelled to see my aunties down in Hilton, Cambridge and Goffs Oak, Hertfordshire.
    Naturally on L plates as a 16 year old I wasn't allowed on the motorways so most major towns you had to endure rather than taking the bypass. Not sure how I found my way really with no GPS, satnav etc.

500 miles or so round trip :confused:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    B.A.C.A., Bikers Against Child Abuse, is an international organization that definitely fits into this thread of good deeds and acts of kindness. But those deeds and acts are definitely not random.

I've met members of the Tucson Chapter of B.A.C.A. and have thought about joining when I retire. This video is shows and shares what B.A.C.A.'s mission is and the positive impact it has on abused kids. This Maricopa County Chapter featured in the video is in Phoenix, AZ.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Usa

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Glad you're enjoying sunny and warm Florida, BS1948!! :cool::):sun:

20. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Would that have been in August? First time I went it was like that, mid August, and we were at one of the theme parks with a car park so big it has its own time zone. We’d seen the rain approaching at the far end of the car park where it was properly raining but our car was bone dry, maybe 350/400 yards away.

• Like Like x 2