Random good deeds and acts of kindness

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Mar 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Over the weekend i went into town for new pair of boots. Chilli, wet and windy it was
    Walked past a homeless bloke sat on cardboard, plastic bag over his head and looked 60
    He asked the usual got any change mister but I didn't make eye contact and shuffled on by, quickly felt guilty.
    Walked past a bakers and thought smelled blinking good, got a bag full of sausage rolls, stake pastry and Chelsea bun.
    Turned round and took the goodie bag to the chap I seen earlier.
    He was very grateful and before I moved on he just said "my name's Sam'" I got talking and turns out he is nearer 50 than 60, homeless for 3
    His wife had divorced him and as they had a kid she got the house he had all but paid off the mortgage on, he lost his job soon after and made homeless. Turns out his wife had moved in a new bloke she had been seeing while married.

Everyone has a story but if all true what hope has any bloke got if a woman decides she wants your house but not you!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    5CEA7865-E50D-4B9E-9252-EDC41E3794D8.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Being a dog lover, Good deed indeed!

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    A very familiar story unfortunately, glad youre back on the up.

Aint Karma a Bitch :cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

I was in Hawes in the summer sitting outside a cafe, when an old couple stopped at the junction and the hatchback door came open, and a small dog leaped out onto the busy road, a biker who had just stopped behind them just leant his bike on the floor and grabbed the dog while another biker stopped them from pulling away, because they hadn't even noticed the door flying up, they were overjoyed and said the dog was like a child to them, good on those bikers whoever they are.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I love to see a "what goes round, comes round" ending.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Now that's one good argument for UK police to be armed. They can then shoot the tw4ats and they die, end of. Yes I know all about the arguments against, I'm just saying one good reason in favour.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #27 Eldon, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    I can empathise with what you wrote as ive been through similar myself but note you were smiling in the end :p

EQUALITY- now let's forget wages, job positions etc and all that tosh. Let's start with divorce... Umm.
    Nobody to blame the relationship broke down oh yes so the man pays irrespective of who chose the outcome.

My good deed for the day came when my 12 year old at the time said, "dad can I please stay with you?"

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    An update ! On this story ! The homeless hero was a wanted criminal !! He did burglaries and shop lifting, just goes to show there is some good even in the heart's of scum bags !

Cheers capt.

This came out about 3 or 4 days afterwards ... !

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Don’t “derail” the thread please:grinning:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    Having seen the police firearms guys training at Bisley I wouldn’t trust most of them with a balloon on a stick let alone a firearm!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    #32 R_1000, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    I was in my car once and came to a standstill traffic in my local town. Lots of honking revving can be heard. I got out to have a look to see what the fuss was all about. I couldn't believe what I saw. A car was broken down in the middle of an Isle. And all the lovely people were driving around the broken down car by climbing pavement and being very aggressive.

So I left my car on the pavement and walked up to the car and there was a lady in there almost in tears with a little baby in her back seat. I knocked on her window and she wound it down a little and asked if she was OK. She was terrified with the way everyone was behaving with honking and giving her the stares etc.

So I said to her to sit in the car and I am going to push the car so we can park it somewhere safe. As I was pushing a man came from the opposite side of the road and gave me a hand. We got her and the baby to safety.

I asked if I could be of any assistance. Apparently she already called her hubby and he is on his way.

It's just the way some people live their lives thinking ..... Ain't my problem, why should I get my hands dirty. I wish people will realise that the greatest evil is for good men to do nothing and the very problem you ignore might become your problem one day.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Took my daughter to college this morning, it had been very windy throughout the night and on one area the bins had blown into the road and there was a queue of cars to drive round
    On the way back 20 min later they were still there, so I click on the hazards and took 10 secs of my life to move the bins back a safe area

Can't believe the sheep mentality of the majority, I'm not special or different I don't think! why is it us that see things differently and willing to do that little extra yet so much more than others to help other people.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Just come across this thread... I had a funny story a little while ago right outside my house. I came home from a ride and there were two bikes across the road in the entrance to the church yard. So I parked up and sorted myself out and 10mins later they were still there. Thinking perhaps one of them had broken down, I wandered across the road and asked if there was anything I could do for them; cup of tea or something. Well to my surprise the older of the two took me back across the road to my drive and took out his police identification (he was on an unmarked bike). He thanked me for my offer of assistance and advised that the young lad has been riding without insurance etc and he was waiting for the recovery truck to take his bike away.
    Just goes to show that you can never tell what the circumstances are when you stop to help out.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Wessa that reminds me a little story of when we were living in Northampton and I was working for Northants Police.

We were at home and heard a "crummmpppp!" and saw that a biker was laying down in the road with his bike almost over him. Apparently someone had turned right across his path and knocked him off.

Rushed outside to render assistance and found it was an off-duty copper well-known to some on here, lifted the bike off him and brought him and his bike home.

The mrs offered tea and biscuits cos' he was badly shook up but not seriously injured.

After a bit of diy the bike was rideable and after about an hour he was on his way.

And who was this biker? Non other than Pete Boatman, the force's defence training officer and harder than nails. And a thoroughly nice bloke.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep you can never tell about coppers. I'm a bit worried as my son joins the police in West Mercia in April; only kidding I hope he really takes to the new job, he has been teaching maths and PE for 16+ years..
    Wessa

• Like Like x 3
  18. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    #37 GaleForceEight, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Was with the Mrs in her car. Stopped in a queue of traffic, and two cars in front of us I saw a bunch of McDonalds waste being dumped out of a car window.... so I got out, picked it up and threw it all back in through the window it had been jettisoned from. A half drunk Coca-Cola went everywhere in the scrote’s car. Ain’t karma a bitch! Still, it kept the street clean of someone else’s rubbish

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

I have no understanding of women.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Putting @joe mc donald in here for his kindness for passing on some items he no longer needed/wanted
    Be sure I will "pass it on"...

On a personal note, weekend just gone I lent my Lithium battery to a neighbor who had an MOT on his Yamaha booked in 20 mins later and hadn't started it in months. Starter solinoid was clicking like a footbal clacker.
    Had the battery swapped out in record time and he got his MOT
    Batter was a different specification to standard but it was only for an hour or so.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Red Thunder

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Looking on YouTube and searched "acts of kindness"..
    It's amazing how many videos are by or feature bikers

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2