Raising Suspension On A Street Scrambler

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RandomGRK, Mar 26, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RandomGRK

RandomGRK New Member

Mar 26, 2021
    Philadelphia
    I have a 2019 Street Scrambler and I was hoping to make her a little different, give her some extra clearance and some more presence.

I use her for Adv riding and I sometimes contend with some terrible but deep sand where I am (yes, there are better bikes for this but "ride what you got" right?). I'm about 6ft so I very easily flat foot her which is good but I was doing some light research and came across this from FreeSpirits.

Does anyone have any thoughts on potential negative effects to the geometry/handling of the bike?
    The two below parts combine to raise her front 30mm and the rear 36mm
    https://www.freespiritsparts.com/en...ck-for-triumph-street-scrambler-twin-cup.html
    https://www.freespiritsparts.com/en...off-road-kit-30-plus-for-triumph-classic.html

[​IMG]

2. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Surrey BC Canada
    I do NOT have a solution but I will be closely follow this thread...

I am in the same boat as you...I like the scrambler line but I do not need that big 1200.

hell, even if they can somehow make a new baby scram based on the new triple 660, I will be happy and take my money now.

Either way, hopefully there are people will chime in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I've fitted some progressive front springs into mine and raised the front end slightly, around 15mm, with no negative effects. I'm now looking at some replacement rear shocks with better damping and also raising the ride height to match the front. I don't think raising both front and rear ride heights similar amounts should affect the on road handling too much, this isn't a high performance sports machine with radical geometry and extra ride height/suspension travel off road is certainly an advantage.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RandomGRK

RandomGRK New Member

Mar 26, 2021
    Philadelphia
    That’s what I’m thinking but I am in no way technically inclined and I’m hoping someone more experienced in these matters will chime in. It looks like a nice little solution. Not cheap but it changes the look to the bike drastically

5. RandomGRK

RandomGRK New Member

Mar 26, 2021
    Philadelphia
    I think the closest we will get to a scrambler with the new line is that potential 660 ADV bike based on the Trident. Now that could be good fun to compete with the Tenere 700

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    As most will recognise, a standard Street Scrambler is, at best, 80% road, 20% off road. Good road handling and good off road handling are opposite ends of the spectrum. Turning a true dirt bike into a road biased Super Motard machine usually means shortening and stiffening suspension, smaller wheels and better brakes along with gearing changes etc. You just need to decide how far you want to go with the trade off between tarmac and off road handling and get a compromise which suits your own requirements.