R.i.p. Pele

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TEZ 217, Dec 29, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    RIP Pele, For many the greatest footballer of all time and a great ambassador to football in all ways.
    Proper old school footballer I'm sure we all remember.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    What a truly sad day indeed. I really couldn't give a flying sh*te about football and haven't done for years but back in '70, as a 10 yr old who enjoyed playing, Pele represented everything that was good and magical about the game.
    Apparently, the Brazilian team of that year is regarded by many "in the know" as the greatest team ever fielded in the history of the tournament, winning everyone of their six games in the finals and all their qualifying rounds. Soccer was a different game back then IMO.

RIP Pele.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Like above, not really into football too many overpaid under achieving Prema Donna's. But this man was special. Seems to me to be a true gentleman too. He'll never be forgotten, that's for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    As above I am not remotely interested in football these days but as a footy playing kid growing up, Pele was a God to many of us. Without a doubt the greatest player of all time, a truly great ambassador for the sport, and a genuine good guy.
    RIP Pele, God bless and thanks for the memories.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Legend in his life time. RIP