Quick Question Or Help

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Jul 16, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Peeps
    I just purchased a Honda CB500S with the half fairing. However someone has snapped the locating tabs that fit into the tank grommet and the side panel grommet. Is there a clever way fix some kind of fixing there to secure them they won't fall of but would vibrate. I have one of the snapped pinions can it be repaired.
    Joe.

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Put some pics up Joe, I used to have one of those.

• Like Like x 1
  3. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

I found this on youtube Joe,

• Like Like x 6
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Nice! I could do with the same knowledge a I happened to be the one that broke a tab off one of my panels (I was distracted by a Squirrel).

Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @joe mc donald
    Congratulations on your purchase, Joe, and good luck with the repairs. Please share a photo or two with us when you take a break from working on your new addition. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Plastex is your friend, though not cheap. You can use it to stick parts together or form parts yourself. Available on eBay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Thanks peeps great advice. Didn't know you could use the baking soda. Even though i do use it for cracks and breaks. Thanks for the advice. And yes photos as soon as i get it looking better.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2