Featured Quadumph Seat Unit

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by QuadumphUK, Jan 9, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Bought this seat unit & subframe a few years ago and just found it again in some boxes under my bed.
    I think it looks pretty good. although bit high in these pics, I am 6ft4 so it will be similar height. Give me plenty of room for my lankey legs. Made of steel so very sturdy and well made. May just have to make back part a little longer but thats the beauty of steel I can just weld to it. If I manage to sort other stuff, R1 wheel etc and can afford a Tig welder may just copy it in ally. Still thats dreamland at moment till sort rear wheel. before do anymore have to get decent camera this one seems to blur at edges and want to document this build properly. IMGP6600.JPG IMGP6600.JPG IMGP6600.JPG IMGP6601.JPG IMGP6602.JPG IMGP6603.JPG IMGP6604.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  2. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Wooden rolling pin is not remaining :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Just as think got life sorted, get a kick in the bollox. Landlord has decided to flatten our flats and build new ones. So unless can find new home with garage going to have to part with the old girl. Going to wait and see how things go though. Got to see if gets planning permission but if not major repairs are required so still have to leave. Fingers crossed find somewhere suitable :(:mad:
    Sad and angry

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    That's a right bugger mate.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    OUCH! Really sorry to hear that bad news - we were all eagerly anticipating another great build thread! Do hope you get somewhere suitable sorted out and soon so fingers, toes and varied appendages are all crossed for you!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Cheers, Going to do best to keep the old girl as was going to be a keeper once finished and as never been abroad on a bike, yes I know crap after riding for 30 odd years, wanted to do my first trip on her.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Great minds think alike. I`m half Dutch so thats my planned destination once finished, being positive there. My Grandad was Dutch and came over during the War so would like to do bit of research as he died before I was born and I only knew my Grans second husband. Also called Grandad :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Bit of a reprieve today. Landlady came around to see me after me asking about garages a couple of weeks ago and she has said that they are building new garages at another of their properties just down the road and I can use one of them if I want. So looks like will be able to keep the old girl after all. Still got to find somewhere to live myself but at least have somewhere to keep it all. They are also going to let me know if a flat becomes available there aswell. Talk about good landlords , can`t thank them enough.:):party:

• Like Like x 7
  9. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Just managed to score this off of e-bay. Been after a Speed Triple top yoke for a while and found this. Billet top yoke with risers. luckily sold some stuff recently and thet rarely come up and not seen a billet one before like this. Gives me the option of keeping the Tommaselli standard hinged clip-ons or Renthal bars. s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like Like x 6