Featured Quadumph Modify or Die

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by QuadumphUK, Apr 7, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    My Triumph trophy 1200, 955 front end in and next is to weld on some lock stops.
    Drops the front end nicely and gives adjustability aswell, should make the old girl turn IMGP4749.JPG alot better aswell

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Mudguard fitted and lock stops welded

IMGP4758.JPG

IMGP4759.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  3. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Venhill brakelines fitted after receiving steeper angle banjos from Up The Shop who supplied the lines.Excellent customer service I might add. ZXR clutch mastercylinder should be here next week once both are bled the old girl should be a goer

IMGP4842.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire

Looks good, have you got a bit more detail on how you did the fork swap or is it literally a "swap" ?

5. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    It literally was just a straight swap. The bearings used are same as Trophies with top and bottom taper roller the same and sealed bearing on top of top bearing. So three bearings rather than the usual two . The only thing I had to modify were the lock stops. Which just judged by eye with gap between tank and clipon being the focal point and just by eye matched each side. Didn`t come out to bad

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire

Looks really good, so you use the 955 complete front end then including top yolk, clamps etc the trophy wheels assume use the same spacers discs and calipers ?

7. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    No I used complete front end, 955 wheel, discs, yoke set, axle, spacers all 955. You also have to get 955 calipers because mount holes are different centres.So it was a complete front end change not just forks and yokes. Someone else on here might know if you can use the Trophy wheel etc

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    This should put a smile on peoples faces. Just fiited new venhiull brake lines. Also daytona mastercylinder. Spent most of day trying to bleed the buggers, used old trick of tieing lever to handlebar over night. Did some good but still spongy. Any way thought there must be something wrong with mastercylinder so before removing I looked on Sprints website only to find there are different bore mastercylinders fitted to triumphs although they all look the same and you guessed it I have the 11mm bore mastercylinder for single disc set up and need 14 mm bore for twin disc. Thats what you get for trusting e-bay listings but to be fair it is in mint condition no corrosion etc.
    I knew they do make different bore sizes but trusted listing saying it was for 955, 1050, Sprint etc which all have twin disc
    Still at least I know what I need now and now have a spare of no use to me mastercylinder.
    Mind you I could always remove a disc ;-)

Things learnt :

Don`t trust e-bay listings
    Just because they look th same, different bores can lurk inside
    Am now becoming expert at bleeding brakes :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire
    Hi i will shortly have a 14 mm master cylinder for sale off my Cafe Racer have re-furbished, painted and fitted new seal kit. It is fitted to my bike now (see pics on my posts in builds section) I have upgraded to the 4 pot calipers so have 5/8" master cylinder on the way. Let me know if interested

10. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Cheers Boothy but have already got front mastercylinder to replace it. Going for radial one from a GSXR. Fingers crossed for auction win :)

11. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Forks etc sorted, new fairing fitted, ZXR 750 H brake and clutch mastercylinders.
    having fitted this fairing it has helped me realise that I want a more minimalistic front end.So wil be sourcing a large single headlight to replace this eventually or even a very small bates and digital speedo but that will be next year, Probably sooner ;-)

IMGP4861.JPG

IMGP4868.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  12. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Just another of the front

IMGP4865spun.jpg

• Like Like x 3