Protective Film for a crystal white Speed Triple

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by funguseater, May 6, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. funguseater

funguseater New Member

May 5, 2013
    I have heard the crystal white speeds suffer more from stone chip damage. I rang my local dealer about the protective film kit, they said they could supply it but could not fit it because of previous issues with it.

£48 for the genuine article, or £23 for protective film you cut yourself.

Thoughts on this anyone please ?

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Do a search for Venturesheild..
    You can buy pre cut kits... Or speak to Conquest carbon I think he sells it and may even fit it...
    But you will find a fitter locally and I suggest you use them... I tried to fit some of it on a GSXR and the more intricate panels were a bugger to fit....

3. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    I would definitley say get someone who knows what they are doing with it to fit it Fungu. It looks real crap if not done right, I think it's PIG who can do all that kind of stuff.... He will know for def mate. Wish I had mine done.... Too late now for me

4. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    I saw ventureshield fitted to a new blade at the world famous 'Spalding motorbike show' :rolleyes: and it looked a piece of p...however I did some signwriting in a previous life and it was a bastard! Did you get any shield sorted?

5. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    I've got venture shield on both my bikes, not easy to fit, but if you get a firm to do it you are looking at £100 to £150 depending on model of bike.