Proper Fresh Meat

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Chubzilla, Oct 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chubzilla

Chubzilla Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country

Well that's another thrown in the pot to have a cheeky look at .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    The most important thing you need on your bike going into Autumn/winter is good tyres so unless you have money in reserve, make sure your choice has good rubber with some life left in them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ChasChas

ChasChas Marxist Scum

Aug 9, 2020
    Kent
    Focus on the fact it's your first. Not the one and only ;)
    Despite my first bike now changing hands for more money than sensible I've no desire to own or ride it again.
    (Older members please note. I'm really still talking about bikes)
    SV sounds a good shout, get something that is enough of a step forward to engage but you can trade up without throwing away. You want to get something you'll enjoy riding, not be intimidated by
    (yes, I'm still talking about bikes, behave)
    But at the end of the day, there's no wrong ones. Just get something, see if it suits and if it doesn't change it for something else.
    (I Am Still Talking About Bikes, Dammit)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Hi and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  5. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Ok I own a 2019 765 street triple RS because I took my sv650 wheels for new tires to be mounted and lusted after the triumph at the dealership. Backstory I lost interest in bikes for about 10 years after owning several inline 4 bikes fast but just blah. Was talking to a guy at a grandchild birthday party and he asked if I had ever rode an sv650 as he thought it was a fun bike. So I started searching and found a guys 2004 sv650 track day bike for sale cheap. Go to look at it in his garage lined with his old racing photos and trophies. He told me he had owned many faster bikes but the sv was the most fun, and due to a severe shoulder injury at a track event he's giving up bikes. Took for a test ride and returned with a massive grin. So I also have an undying love now for the sv650 that I got 12 years ago, it's a blast to ride but just won't keep up with modern bikes once speeds hit 100mph. 28k miles on the odometer. Will I ever sell it doubtful. Would I sell the 765 street triple probably.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Chubzilla

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    Yea very true, Id never used to think to much about tyres when in cars ntil I had a car with awful tyres and now research and get at least midrange,
    On a bike I will be buying the best I can afford.

7. Chubzilla

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    It's hard not to think that it's not going to be a forever bike but I know it won't be, in 4 years for my 40th my partner has said she will buy me a bike (yup she's a keeper) obviously I can't wait that long so will get a sensible-ish one now then upgrade later.

Everyone raves about the speed triple but not as many about the sv650 so I'm shocked to hear about that, don't know why I'm shocked as I don't know enough about them all yet

8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome
    Get the TRIUMPH :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chubzilla

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    Thanks

Well I'm currently bidding on a daytona but if tgst fall through I'm going check out sv650 aswell (and more daytonas )

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chubzilla

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    Hey and thanks

11. Chubzilla

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    Hey and thanks

12. Chubzilla

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    Howdy and thanks for the welcome

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  13. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChrisJHuff

ChrisJHuff Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2020
    County Durham
    " anything to stay clear of. "

don't get on it and immediately think you can ride it.. learn the bike's peccadillos before you start giving it a fist full of throttle

• Like Like x 1
  15. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Well I approach someone with a homo-erotic snap of Putin for his avatar with major league trepidation.

However, for a rider of your (in)experience I would suggest a cheap, manageable and digestible hamburger like a Versys 650 before losing your dentures (& much else) on steak.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    #36 Judd Dredd, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Fit crashbungs!

And welcome to the world of big bike ownership!

DS

18. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Hi and welcome in :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chubzilla

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    If I'm honest I'm slightly worried about this, luckily the only 2 people I know with bikes is a lad with a R125-not sensible and a ald who has just passed and got a cbr6-hes sensible and will probably be the only person I got out with to start with other than on my own.

20. Chubzilla

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    Nothing wrong with that fine figure of a man , one day I will learn how to photos hop and pop my head on That picture.

Good advice, i kind of prefer older bikes as they seem to be a bit wider (yes I know a few of yiu have modern beasts) so prices are a bit better and in a few years I can upgrade