Promised Payout For Quickshifter Denied By Triumph

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by SteveRS, Oct 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    #1 SteveRS, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    To make a long story short, I was denied payout for my quickshifter that doesn’t work “as advertised”. I contacted Triumph North America and told them the issue I’m experiencing and was promised to receive a voucher for the cost of the quickshifter as well as having it removed and replaced at no cost with a regular rod. I also signed a confidential release to not mention it on social media. Well, seeing how this is not going to happen and that they have gone back on what I was promised, I wanted to post this up. The email below is from the customer service representative

4D21E41D-6209-4333-AAD8-62AF13A5CD23.jpeg

2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    He sounded like a genuine nice guy to me and seemed almost as frustrated as you must be over this.
    Hard to see why this small thing (for triumph) is being denied by the suits up above somewhere.
    Doesn't make sense with all this "social media" stuff about and how quickly this leads into a non-sale.
    Keep battling ?

• Like Like x 2
  3. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Thanks. Yeah he is definitely a stand up fella. It’s too bad Triumph doesn’t share the same values as Lance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    IMO sounds like ditching the Q/S is a wise move for the longevity of your gearbox, but as you rightly say you've paid for something that appears to be not fit for purpose (the reason I didn't keep my Ducati Multistrada post warranty), so should be due some compensation. I imagine Triumph HQ are not playing ball as it would be an admission to that effect and open the flood gates to other owners.
    But they can't have it both ways and hope the problem gets buried.
    I arranged for a "sticky" thread some time ago in the Speed Triple section for warranty issues, with the aim of providing a centralised "go-to" for prospective and existing Speed Triple owners to get a picture of common problems and whether they are satisfactorally resolved.... or not.
    I suggest you repost there to gain maximum coverage and enable potential future owners to make informed decisions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Will do, thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Ok, it’s reposted in the warranty thread with everything that has happened. Please have a look, as I confess to something that I told Triumph I wouldn’t say anything about. :eek:.

• Like Like x 2
  7. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I believe Mr Blore is out with the peasants with pitchforks looking for you.....

• Funny Funny x 2