765 Problem Downshifting.

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by jte71, Aug 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jte71

jte71 New Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Netherlands
    Correct stikflote, but the problem is it won't shift down sometimes.

2. stikflote

stikflote New Member

Aug 23, 2018
    Derbyshire
    Back to shop with it then

• Like Like x 1
  3. jte71

jte71 New Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Netherlands
    Well, after our holiday (2 weeks ago) I went back to the garage and discussed the downshifting problem. They checked the computer and told me that they did not find any error. The also checked the mechanic parts and everything seems to be fine. We have agreed that I contact the garage end November '18 and give them a wrap-up of my experience.

The inexplicable is that the last 1,5 week I rarely (1 time) experience a problem with downshifting. Strange, but let's see how things develop the coming weeks.

Kind regards,
    Jurgen

• Like Like x 2
  4. MattMatt

MattMatt New Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Broadway
    Hello, I have a 765 street triple r. I usually just bring the clutch lever to the biting point when down shifting, rather than into the bar, I find on both the triple and the street twin I had before that this gives a more positive response, and the gear engages quickly. Also a good tip is not to rush multiple down shifts as others have said. Make them one at a time and give the selector mechanism chance to return properly between each press.

Maybe experiment with technique a little.

Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Good point. The shift mechanism is effectively a ratchet. You naturally upshift correctly but it might be tempting to keep pressing without letting the lever return fully - knee or ankle angle?

• Like Like x 2
  6. jte71

jte71 New Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Netherlands
    Thanks MattMatt; bring the clutch lever to the biting point when downshifting is a good technique. I practiced it this week.

Kind regards,
    Jurgen