Potential New Triumph Owner - Advice Required

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by John Clifton, Aug 3, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    OK. For pillion passengers the Street Triple is definitely NOT the bike to go for. The pillion seat is a total joke. Now that my three lads all have their own bikes I have actually removed the pillion footpegs and their hangers from my Street Triple.

2. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    Hi John and welcome :cool:

I can’t really add anything to the Triumph suggestions so far but agree that the Tiger Sport 660 or Tiger 850 are both great bikes. I own multiple bikes and will always have a Triumph in the garage but I would also consider the slightly cheaper Yamaha Tracer 700. :scream:

3. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Dec 24, 2017
    US
    Ride your RE to a Triumph dealer. Demo as many flavors of Tiger as are available. Then decide.

4. John Clifton

John Clifton Member

Aug 3, 2022
    Aldershot
    Just to close this thread, I test-rode a Tiger 900 GT Pro and fell in love immediately (and felt I could handle it fine). Finally bought a second -hand GT with quickshifter and heated grips - I'm not worried about the 'downgraded' electronics from the GT Pro and I can add heated seat(s) later if I want to. Love the way Triumph have included the wiring loom from the GT Pro in the GT version, as well as switch gear, so upgradeds can be added easily. Loving my new ride!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Aaron Brown

Aaron Brown apprentice mad reclusive genius

Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX, USA
    Congrats! The Tiger 900 series are great bikes, and I think it all serve you well :)

6. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Well, there yer go ! :D:D Well done .. and welcome.