Post your Thunderbird pics here

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by Rob, Apr 30, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nice purchase there, more LT's the better....
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Thanks Dickydido I thought it a funny unlikely thing that a woman would bite her tongue !!! :eek::eek::D even for a minute :p:p

• Like Like x 2
  3. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    #63 dickydido, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Hi Bikerman,

....many thanks for the positive comments.........I am so pleased with it.

....I had scanned the internet from 'cover to cover' for a week before I found this on the Isle of Wight of all places.....

....already marked up at a fantastic price, I reasoned that the Isle of Wight being hardly the natural home for a long legged, heavy weight tourer, I would be in a strong bargaining position on haggling an even better price........and so it proved.

.....on top of all that.........Mrs dickydido and me had a great day out getting it......or, 'an adventure' as Mrs dickydido called it!.............including a nice ferry ride!.......we parked up the car in the Gun Wharf Quays car park in Portsmouth and went as foot passengers as it was so much cheaper........I thought crossing the Channel was expensive but crossing the Solent?..........bloody hell!......they must be hiring and exploiting endangered dolphins and whales to power the ferry's across!!!....

.......beautiful sunny and dry, if cool weather, and the folks in the dealership were fantastic to work with., they even picked us up and took us back to the ferry terminal..........they are now adding on a few extra bits and pieces I asked for and they will be delivering it FOC to our place next week and collecting my Thruxton 1200 to whisk it off to find its new owner.........it'll be much more sellable for them on the island, its only 11 miles by 22 miles, so not many long runs to make but plenty of bends to 'carve'!

Mrs dickydido, after a 5 year lay-off of pillioning is a bit nervous about getting 'back in the saddle' so I will have to take it steady for a while until she is literally, back up to speed........but even if she can't re-acclimatise to it......it will make a very comfortable, long legged addition to my Bobber for when I want to visit those further away destinations still on my 'must visit' list!........

Cheers,

dickydido

• Like Like x 2
  4. Otis

Otis New Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Tacoma, WA
    Where did you get those beautiful bags?

5. baldybiker

baldybiker Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Hertford
    I took my Speedmaster in for it's second service. Just a service, nothing else. I left having paid a deposit for this. fullsizeoutput_85e.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi baldybiker....

.....yes, those 'Service Visits' can prove to be very expensive!.......congratulations!.....

...when do you pick it up?......will this be instead of or an addition to?.......

Cheers,

dickydido

• Like Like x 1
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

And that's why I service my own bikes

• Like Like x 4
  8. baldybiker

baldybiker Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Hertford
    Hi dickydido,
    Thank you. I'll pick it up next week sometime, day to be confirmed. I would like to have kept the Speedy but just no space. Just as well I expect as there's a financial consideration to that apart from anything else. I have a Ural/Velorex combo as well and a normal garage.

• Like Like x 1
  9. baldybiker

baldybiker Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Hertford
    Thanks, I will Bikerman.
    I didn't get out of the dealers yard before I fell for it hook line and sinker. 65 years old have had over 30 bikes in my life and haven't been this excited about a new one for a long time. Beautiful machine. :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Congratulations, just goes to show you are never to old to get excited about a new bike:):)
    Wessa

• Like Like x 3
  11. baldybiker

baldybiker Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Hertford
    I said I was 65, not old! ;-)

• Like Like x 4
  12. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    My old bird Penelope
    20170415_161123-2656x1494.jpg 20170415_161111-2656x1494.jpg 20170419_174522.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Thanks Bikerman, And thanks for your help in the project :)

14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Still, You were there when i was stuck. Your photos helped;):)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Is It Just Me Or??:D:D:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Petrol

Petrol Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2016
    North Wilts.
    BIKESAFE110715 3077.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  17. Petrol

Petrol Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2016
    North Wilts.
    This is yours truly riding my 20 old tBird around castle combe on a bike safe day. They really handle especially with the modifications I've chosen. I have a harrison six billit caliper which is superb. The hagon shock with remote ajuster which is pretty good. The best though is having had the rear wheel re laced for 17 inch tyres. The metzlers are brilliant. The bike has 50,000 on it now and I havn't seen a new bike yet that has tempted me away. It really was as carlsberg say " possibly the best triumph ever" It cac do all I ask of it.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Stevie

Stevie Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Cincinnati OH
    2014 Lt with Remus aftermarket.....:rolleyes: IMG_1163.JPG LT with Remus exhaust:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 5
  19. Stevie

Stevie Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Cincinnati OH
    I'm jealous!!!!!

20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Me too..........