Thruxton Post your Thruxton pics here

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Rob, Apr 30, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tapwasher

tapwasher Member

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    looking good,where did you get the tail tidy from,was it pricey.was it a straight forward fit.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    It looks like one they have at squaredeals
    It's the one I wish I had bought but they didn't have it at the time!

3. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    The fender eliminater is a Motone from E.Bay seller and the indicators were also from E.Bay, I put in chrome indicators and they were as close to the originals as I could find. image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Tim Jones

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    Indicators were £7.99 a pair!!

Teejay

5. Tim Jones

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    Fender was £94.99 plus postage, it went on quite easily, had to use longer bolts through the frame by fuse box as couldn't get the nuts started on ones supplied.

Having seen lots of pics of bikes having these fitted persuaded me to do the same and it looks brilliant.

It is my 'other bike' and I don't anticipate it getting wet but think the spray thrown up would be interesting.......having said that it will be going to the Classic/Manx TT in 2016 and there is no way it's not going to rain there!

Teejay

6. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Nice tim, I like the fact the indicators lens sticks out so visible from the side, I was a bit worried with mine as they are flush, and they cost a hellofalot more :-(

7. My rookie! Still leaking oil from the engine! But now without rear fender.

20160207_102852.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Re
    looks good, really nice and clean!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gentlemen. The oil problem was resolved, I was very happy. The motorcycle this at home and very well. Contrui the rear fender eliminator. There are only the fittings of the front turn signal.

10. 20160131_110142.jpg 20160131_110135.jpg

20160131_110142.jpg

20160131_110135.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Really glad you got it fixed, Marcelo. What was wrong where was the oil leak?

12. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Glad it got fixed - superb looking bike.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The leak was in the front of the engine. That chrome tube (do not know the name in English).

14. Thank Half. The leak was in the "Oil return pipe". It has now been resolved and have to take a road. I made a video but it was too long and need to edit. Nothing compared the roads of England, but it was pretty cool. I am publishing noyoutube and already sent the link to you.

15. Thank Half. The leak was in the "Oil return pipe". Now it has been fixed and my motorcycle is ready for the road. I will post a video for you to see the performance. It does not compare with the English roads, but has to run a little.

16. Thank Half. The leak was in the "Oil return pipe". Now it has been fixed and my motorcycle is ready for the road. I will post a video for you to see the performance. It does not compare with the English roads, but has to run a little.

17. waffoo

waffoo Member

May 19, 2016
    Gloucester, UK
    Picked it up today - cafe racer fairing being fitted at first service next month image.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  18. HLW955

HLW955 New Member

May 12, 2015
    Saverne, France
    Very nice! I have been told that to have the fairing the lower clip ins are also required. Have you been told this too? I was hoping to have the fairing but not sure about the clip owns for my physique....;)

19. waffoo

waffoo Member

May 19, 2016
    Gloucester, UK
    Yes I'm getting the lower clip ons - tried them on a Thruxton R, wasn't significantly different, only an inch or so lower. Time will tell if there's much more weight on the wrists and back!