Thruxton Post your Thruxton pics here

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Rob, Apr 30, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    #761 Glyn Phillips, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    It’s ok as standard, but where I’m on the wrong side of heavy 16 stone 9 it did tie itself In knots.
    Now it’s perfect with masses of adjustment front and rear.

It’s so much softer and more compliant Ohlins do know their stuff.
    It now tracks the road rather than bouncing off it

2. 2Fast

2Fast Thrux ton-up

Feb 25, 2019
    North Yorkshire
    ^^ loving your Matt Black Thruxton :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    #763 Spacefrog, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019

As i have said here before, my only regret and only thing i would change if i could, would be that i got it 2 years before i did.
    Hey 2fast you keeping yours standard look like mine.
    And this is the thread if you want to talk about de-baffling standard exhausts.

4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Scroll up white TTR

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. 2Fast

2Fast Thrux ton-up

Feb 25, 2019
    North Yorkshire
    Yep - will keep it fairly standard, I want to keep the whole retro look, though I have already changed the mirrors for the smaller oval Triumph ones and got the Vance & Hines exhaust fitted from new by the dealer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 2Fast

2Fast Thrux ton-up

Feb 25, 2019
    North Yorkshire
    Hey Glyn, how do you keep your gloss black looking so good? I had a black Mercedes and could never get it to look good and shiny, so vowed never to have black again.

7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    3F98DC76-9475-462A-8BD5-52BAAE555107.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I use mr sheen spray polish

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    wow……!

10. 2Fast

2Fast Thrux ton-up

Feb 25, 2019
    North Yorkshire
    Seriously?

I was expecting some fancy wax followed by polish costing an arms leg :)

11. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    WD40 to clean all the open metal parts which leaves a light film that makes removing the next dirt easier.
    Then a liberal spray of MR Sheen furniture polish.
    Bit of time and she’s a goodun

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Wow……elbow grease didnt even get a mention….!

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    No don’t use your hands, you lick it that’s what gives it the extra :p

15. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    What a lovely day!

Cleaned the Thruxton and filled it up with petrol on Friday. Nothing like opening the garage door on a sunny Saturday with a cleaned bike all ready to go, they run better for some psychological reason. Fantastic ride all round Thame and Bicester ending up at On Yer Bike for a burger and tea. Met the owner of a pristine Thruxton Ace Cafe special, and was studying an early 865 Bonnie with all the same mods as mine but which just looked better than mine! Can only think it was because mine has the cast wheels.

First proper ride on the Thruxton now it is run in and I wasn't disappointed. The standard suspension was fine my my 10.5 stones, and sport mode is definitely the one to use. I would be tempted by the Brembo brakes on the R version as it's definitely all 4 fingers and not a 2 finger brake feel. I'll see how that goes. Also, noticed it gets a bit vibey through the footrests up in 3 figures, but then it is a big twin even with the balancer shafts.

Lovely, enjoyed today as much as I did back in the late 70s when I started motorcycling.

Cheers

WP_20190330_10_48_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20190330_10_48_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20190330_10_48_35_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    My brakes are good with two fingers maybe a few more miles with give it some more feel

17. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    What a lovely day!

Cleaned the Thruxton and filled it up with petrol on Friday. Nothing like opening the garage door on a sunny Saturday with a cleaned bike all ready to go, they run better for some psychological reason. Fantastic ride all round Thame and Bicester ending up at On Yer Bike for a burger and tea. Met the owner of a pristine Thruxton Ace Cafe special, and was studying an early 865 Bonnie with all the same mods as mine but which just looked better than mine! Can only think it was because mine has the cast wheels.

First proper ride on the Thruxton now it is run in and I wasn't disappointed. The standard suspension was fine my my 10.5 stones, and sport mode is definitely the one to use. I would be tempted by the Brembo brakes on the R version as it's definitely all 4 fingers and not a 2 finger brake feel. I'll see how that goes. Also, noticed it gets a bit vibey through the footrests up in 3 figures, but then it is a big twin even with the balancer shafts.

Lovely, enjoyed today as much as I did back in the late 70s when I started motorcycling.

Cheers

18. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Could be, they weren't bad but I was riding my old Ducati M1100s a lot before I sold it to get the Thruxton, and that had radial Brembos. Mind you, I've never had a bike with ABS so that's got to be better. Anyway, not really a problem, the brakes are probably better than me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Thanks, it is the only bike I have ever bought that I just had to have after seeing it in the showroom.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Doh! Should always try the simple things first, adjusted the lever travel and that has made some difference already....

• Funny Funny x 1