Thruxton Post your Thruxton pics here

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Rob, Apr 30, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    #501 Spacefrog, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Ive only just bought them and i am lucky enough to have a wife who likes riding on the back, she wont get on my yamaha anymore, she says its such a lovely ride on the thruxton, alot smoother too.
    i have that seat you just bought, i bought it with the pegs and it was £220 or there abouts.

2. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Spacefrog, can you put a picture of the peg folded so I can see what it looks like.

3. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
  4. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
  5. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    They look perfect, you definitely picked the right set

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Yes Glyn i really like them, as they match the front and will never wear like the rubber ones do.
    Hows that fairing job coming on Glyn?

7. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I received the loom that was missing yesterday, so if I get time this weekend I’ll finish it all off

8. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    as you know i got my thruxton in oct, i been riding it quite alot thanks to the better weather, unknown to be riding this time of year, i think my clock must have 1500 miles on it.
    i had trouble with my car, flat battery due to lack of driving it due to my new transport. ha

• Like Like x 1
  9. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    You’ve probably doubled my mileage, but even if it was running I would’ve probably bottled it in the cold.:):)

10. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Well you know what its like to have a new bike to ride, i did infact buy the triumph leather jacket and trousers, new alpinestar boots and a new helmet too, so i don't feel the cold, i went up the motorway 20 miles to the triumph dealer and didn't feel any cold, i would have never thought this kit could be so warm in such cold weather.

11. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Mate the older I get the colder I feel, if they made a 13 tog jacket for me I’d still need three whiskeys to feel warm before I rode out

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    The secret is Glyn, you get dressed and warm up indoors for ten minutes or so, keeps ya warmer for longer.

13. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I work on the mercury scale, if it’s above 15c I’m going out

14. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    OMG Glyn, see you next summer, if you need someone to keep yur thruxton running and oil up round those cams them I'm the man.

15. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I'm with you Spacefrog, new bike is torture not being able to ride it. If there's no new salt and roads aren't greasy I have to get out. About 40 non motorway miles and I start to get really cold. Stop for tea and return home. I'm only up to 300 miles though but hope to out this weekend with any luck.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    I've done 60 miles today, went over my fathers who is 78 years old, he has an fz6 too, so came over to see me for a cup of tea, so we both did 60 miles each.The Yamaha fz6 cant catch the thruxton on acceleration ha.. but then again, there aint much that can,,,,,,,

• Like Like x 1
  17. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I take my hat off to you both, then stick it straight back on, my ears are cold

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Once you get that bike all back together there's no way you will just sit there in your hat looking at it until Spring comes along. Just put on 3 jumpers and get out there...

19. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Sorry guys, but fair weather only for me these days,
    Used to go out in any weather back in the day, but alas have turned whimp in the last few years:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Hey Andy, ive seen those heated gloves on Ebay, i was going to get some as they were on Ebay from a seller in china, the only reason i didnt buy them was that i was thinking they were so cheap they must be rubbish, but not rubbish that you get cold hands but rather that if you came off you would have no fingers left, and i really wouldnt like that, and i dont think my wife would be either, i wouldn't be able to do the washing up….. wink wink…...:p

• Like Like x 1
  21. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Hey Andy, ive seen those heated gloves on Ebay, i was going to get some as they were on Ebay from a seller in china, the only reason i didnt buy them was that i was thinking they were so cheap they must be rubbish, but not rubbish that you get cold hands but rather that if you came off you would have no fingers left, and i really wouldnt like that, and i dont think my wife would be either, i wouldn't be able to do the washing up….. wink wink…...:p
    Hey Mr Glyn, i really hope that i don't turn into one of those when i get to 63, thats along way off for me though i got many years left in me yet.