Scrambler Post your Scrambler pics here

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Rob, Apr 30, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave Horn

Dave Horn Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Siegburg, Germany
    Ordered some on Amazon - Arriving today.....I'll post a picture as soon as I've completed

2. CatchingAnUpshift

CatchingAnUpshift Active Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Ewwww....Very excited to see!!!

3. Dave Horn

Dave Horn Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Siegburg, Germany
    It turned out OK on my 3rd attempt (you need a hot air gun to soften the foil, which allows it to be stretched) - That was before I found out it's illegal here in Germany, so will probably remove......Don't want to draw attention to the illegal (and particularly noisy) exhaust I have, which I would quite literally die without now.

IMG_2865.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. CatchingAnUpshift

Feb 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Looks soon nice. There is always something illegal about a motorcycle if they are looking to find a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CatchingAnUpshift

Feb 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Decided to try to adda yellow film at 1:30am last night. Ordered the sheet from E*Bay for like 7 dollars. No squeegie came with it and no instructions but I gave it a whirl. Went on easy enough but the headlights are not that smooth so it was difficult to even see bubbles underneath to me. Did most by feeling.

I left the headlight on the bike and just took off the headlight protector. If I was to do it again.....and I might to go do it perfectly next time, I will take the headlight apart to "overflow" the tint more around the outer edges so you can't see where it ends. Oh well. Looks great from more than a few feet away but up close, I do not find it looks great around the edges. You can see the imperfections and creases.

Gonna leave it on and see how it sticks and looks while on it at night and in the fog.

IMG_8133.jpg

IMG_8134.jpg

IMG_8136.jpg

IMG_8138.JPG

IMG_8139.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dave Horn

Dave Horn Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Siegburg, Germany
    Looks great and am really jealous.
    It took me three attempts to get it right.....Try using a hot air gun or even a hairdryer, to warm up the foil - It makes it more flexible, so you can stretch out any wrinkles or bubbles.

7. Captain Bullitt

Captain Bullitt New Member

Oct 12, 2018
    atlantique canada
    #187 Captain Bullitt, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    bought this beauty a couple months back, doubled the millage and hopping to be able to drive her til late december, first efi bike ive ever had and it is awsome! waiting for next summer to mod her out good, looking in to get a bc seat(the brown one with the taillight), maybe the shotgun exhaust tipes (still not sure if i like the look of them) a fender eliminator kit, some new blinkers, a larger headlight (any recommandations appreciated!) and swap out the airbox for pod filters give her a real overhaul! still not sure if i should paint her

triumph cafe.jpg

triumph beach.jpg

triumph hair.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Dave Horn

Dave Horn Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Siegburg, Germany
    Check out Motone Customs.....I've just fitted their radiator guard and billet indicator with fork mounts on my SS - Great quality!

IMG_3011.JPG

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. CatchingAnUpshift

Feb 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    That radiator guard looks really nice!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CatchingAnUpshift

Feb 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Mine not perfect at all. Will keep it on for a bit. Then my OCD will kick in and I will have to re-do it soon enough. Those late nights in the garage.

11. Dave Horn

Dave Horn Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Siegburg, Germany
    Glad I'm not the only one that suffers with it......Took about 20 attempts to get the indicators aligned perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Captain Bullitt

Captain Bullitt New Member

Oct 12, 2018
    atlantique canada
    Guys seen the new Scrambler 1200? I gotta say im in love! Finally a scrambler really made for scrambling!

next-gen-SC1200_XE_2019_AH-500x500.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nestor H Romero

Nestor H Romero Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2017
    San Diego
    Looks and Im sure it is fantastic but Im dont like the weight for an offroad bike. I take my SS offroad and Ive dropped it enough to know that my body and bike dont like it. So Ill wait for the Yamaha T7 and keep my SS for fire-roads and the pavement.

14. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    These are off road in the same way as Range Rovers are.
    They can but you wouldn’t they’re just too nice, it does look really cool but if you really want to ride off road by a real Enduro bike

15. foxy52

foxy52 Active Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Derbyshire
    If you read international Triumph forums you would see that many riders have been waiting for exactly this bike. OK of course a few are going to buy them to compliment their Range Rovers - but what's wrong with that? The more they sell the better for everybody. You have to think beyond the British Isles - there are many countries where these will be used for what they were made for. Not everyone wants or needs an enduro bike. For real adventure holidays some need more power, comfort, load-carrying capacity, physical size, on/off-road capability - & a looker too. Triumph offer this as an alternative so take it or leave it. Personally if I could afford it, I'd take it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Nothing wrong with adding it to your Range Rover at all, although you’d still be off your trolley to ride something that nice off road.

17. foxy52

foxy52 Active Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Derbyshire
    It depends how you define off-road I guess? I call it something that isn' t paved - sand, gravel, rocks, mud - but nothing too extreme. Don't forget the idea is not to fall off- the riders have to ride according to their abilities & the bikes capabilities.

18. foxy52

foxy52 Active Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Derbyshire
    Hey Capt yes what a beauty. Can't wait for off-road test reports to show the nay-sayers how capable this is....

19. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Some people seem to miss the point completely

20. foxy52

foxy52 Active Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Derbyshire
    Exactly! Bikes are made to be ridden regardless of their value or prettiness. I do understand what you're saying though mate.