Post Your New Mods Here

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Dartplayer, May 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Another seat upgrade. Comfort seat had had its run and was not so good after 2 hours anymore.:weary_face:
    Also added another rego holder, after losing the old one:rolleyes:

C8F32F3F-9159-4720-A56C-C55CC495607A.jpeg

8877BFB8-0516-4C73-B38E-2B93C0B87A18.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    Cor, a lot of 'stuff' hanging on the back there?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    TTP Bling from the mother-in-law :heart_eyes:

745E56A1-9542-4879-85AC-231509E6748C.jpeg

ECADC2EA-2EAE-4D51-A898-FCAD4242B69B.jpeg

A2D75A17-7FEC-4B98-8B93-6F889E50647D.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    #46 RevPaul, Mar 2, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    Ever since I joined this forum I've thought about putting something in the Builds and Projects section to log the little changes I've been making to my Street Cup, a little like @TheBeardedPunk's "Project Payday" thread (whatever happened to The Bearded Punk?).

But I'm just too busy to reliably keep it up to date:confounded:, so maybe the occasional post here will do. So first off, a before and after photo to show where I've got to so far.
    Before 1559.JPG

So this is pretty much as I bought it with a few of Triumph's official accessories on it. This after it's 500 mile service when I got the dealer (Youles Blackburn) to add the T100 gaiters which make it look much more like the classic Triumph's I used to drool over as young teenager back in the early '70s.

Now it has almost all of Triumph's official accessories gathered over the last few years for a fraction of Triumph's list price (research of online Triumph parts catalogues, eBay and Patience have proved to be my friends;)).

After 2284.jpg

This was taken last summer and is pretty much as it is now, just a little further to go.

The idea is to make it more like a Café Raced T100 than a Street Twin, made easier because they all share the same chassis and according to one book I read, that was Triumph's design idea (So why did they use the smaller tank, side panels and rear end from the 'Street' Bonnevilles? :confused:) .

So for example the foot pegs have changed from Street Triple style to classic alloy; the bobbed rear mudguard and cat's eye taillight has been changed to the T100's classic deeper shape (keeps the dirt off better) and it's Lucas style taillight. Which then meant I could fit the T100/T120 grab rail, which has the double advantage of being able to fit a rear rack when I want it and again looking more like the classic T100s of the sixties.

Latest mod is to change the engine cover badge screws from Triumph's Stainless Cap head screws to ProBolt Torx dome head bolts which are lower profile and look more like the cross head screws Triumph used back in the day.

IMG_3030.jpg

I'm still so glad I got my bike:grinning:.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Nice @RevPaul, enjoy seeing others bike mods. I will be leaving my new ride alone for a while after many changes to the Speedmaster

• Like Like x 1
  8. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Thanks @Dartplayer, it's fun tinkering and improving a bike to how you want it.

So here's the latest addition, if I can't ride the bike because of rain or work I can add bits.

IMG_3080.jpg

Spent an hour or so after work today (benefit of daylight saving) cleaning the dried road muck off the radiator and fitting a more appropriate radiator guard (from Motone's Black Friday Sale) in place of the OEM version. I'm very pleased with the look, which if one looks carefully, ties in with the markings on my new Avon tyres:cool:.

That chip in the right exhaust header niggles though. Triumph's ceramic coating clearly isn't the most robust. One day that might have to come off and get recoated, but not in the near future, I've got to get those new tyres scrubbed in.

Still glad I got my bike:).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That rain and work stuff can be expensive, eh, @RevPaul?! ;):joy: Your bike looks terrific! :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    It sure cano_O, even when sourcing parts through sales and eBay. For me part of the fun of personalising a bike, is the research, the waiting, the finding of a bargain and the fitting; you know your bike so much better then.

I just wish I had the fabrication skills and facilities of someone like @Iron or @FellZebra then my lovely little SC would be even more special.

But it still makes me smile every time I open the garage door, and I know the good weather is nearly here:cool:.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    I have fancied those guards for some time. Speedmaster has one, but not stainless or as beautiful as the flag outline:party:
    Here’s to good weather coming your way:sun::p

• Like Like x 2
  12. FellZebra

FellZebra First Class Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    @RevPaul , I‘ve seen the work done by @Iron and he’s a brilliant craftsman and mechanic…..so much so that I don’t think you can mention me in the same sentence and context, very kind though.

I fully understand that whatever we do to our bikes is very rewarding (and ever so slightly addictive).
    Also everything that we do gives us confidence to do something else maybe a bit more complex. It enhances your bike and develops your skills….it’s win-win!
    Keep doing what you’re doing and keep sharing on here.

Your bike looks great by the way, it’s got character. Yellow is my favourite colour and although wouldn’t suit my 2 bikes I’m dropping a helmet off for custom painting next week and yellow features heavily in the design!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Yes the flag design radiator guard does look good and being Motone it’s very well made. I was a little worried the flag would be one too many, but once it was on the bike and I saw how it sat against the Avon logos on the tyres it really pulls the functional black parts together.

This week has been beautiful, if cold, weather in Cheshire and I can (enviously) hear ’bikes going along the A49 which runs past my village. But I have to work this week and the forecast is for rain next week:confounded:, oh well one day soon:).

• Like Like x 1
  14. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    #54 RevPaul, Apr 4, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
    At the risk of insulting your skills that I have just praised, I agree about @Iron’s skill supremacy. But if you can take flat metal and turn it into two identical conical silencers, then ‘you’re a better man than I Gungadin’.

I never used to like yellow much until the late nineties; I’m a bit of a Formula 1 fan and especially Jordan back then. I liked Eddie Jordan's less stuffy, fun approach to racing especially the Buzzin Hornets yellow and black cars. In fact when Honda were making his engines they made a special edition Hornet.

Triumph’s racing yellow is a very similar shade to Jordan’s and when Triumph brought out the Street Cup in Yellow how could I resist:heart_eyes:.

Where do you go to get your helmets painted? And is your Avatar an example of their work? If so it’s really good:cool:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. FellZebra

FellZebra First Class Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    @RevPaul I don’t follow Formula 1 so not aware of the cars or the link to Honda but I have seen Honda Hornet looking very good in yellow.

Yes my avatar is a helmet, although not one I use now. That’s on the back of an open face helmet done somewhere near Wolverhampton and will have been going on for 20years ago, can’t remember the name of the business who did it.

Last couple of helmets have been done by Lee Fareham at D-Zign based in Macclesfield. That’s where I’ll be going next week to have one done in a similar theme to this Shoei Hornet that he did for me last year.

E0BED7C2-6CAD-4069-9C9B-529DC7966527.jpeg
    AAA2A7E0-B628-4583-B810-FBD3AB6F84A0.jpeg
    2CCD2D95-32FC-4EBD-9E77-994906027620.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  16. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    That looks really cool. Please post a pic of the finished helmet when you get it back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Latest for me is the new mirrors…

IMG_4126.jpeg

Already done the ABM a bar conversion and wanted to swap from bar ends to normal mirrors to reduce the width!!!

Love these mirrors (although way to much money!!)!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Frank van Wessel

Frank van Wessel New Member

May 26, 2022
    Amsterdam, NL
    love the side-mount of your license plate. wonder if that is (stil) allowed in The Netherlands. Does anybody here know that?

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Frank van Wessel

Frank van Wessel New Member

May 26, 2022
    Amsterdam, NL
    I would love to relocate my licence/number plate.

options are to side-mount or with an arm attached to the rear axle; e.g. as with the new Trident.

Does anyone has good experience with replacing the plate on a Street Twin 2018+?

20. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    New indicators done…

IMG_4177.jpeg IMG_4178.jpeg

• Like Like x 3