Positive

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by littleade, Mar 24, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Well Covid again. My Darling Tracy went down with the old bug. Been in bed now for four days. Now i ask this she had all her jabs due to her job. She uses all the NHS protective gear still get caught with the old bug. We have been together now for around forty years and i have never in all that time seen her bedridden longer than a day. She hates it being an active person. I feel so sorry for her and trying to do the best i can with house work and cook duties. And to top that of look at the weather out there. Just my luck.
    Joe.

• Love You Love You x 7
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hope she's feeling better soon Joe

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dougie D
    Thanks for that I will tell her. She has just lost the will to do anything and is so sick looking. But yes she will bounce back soon.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Send her our best wishes dude

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    So sorry to hear the misses is poorly Joe. I hope she recovers quickly mate. Keep up the good housework :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    I feel for you both Joe. I got it when we had the first nice weather of the year so understand just how you feel. Hope Tracy gets well soon.

• Like Like x 2
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Thanks everyone Tracy is looking a bit better this afternoon. I just don't like seeing her down. Don't mind all the other stuff. But for sure she is a better cook than I. But I try and the family seem too eat it al. I will pass on the respect from everyone. I am sure she will appreciate it. She now worries that most of her team is down with it and patients are getting cancelled something she has never done. I do try to tell her she is fantastic and can't help what come around. Thanks again everyone.
    Joe & Tracy

• Like Like x 7
  8. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    Well done that man. And get well soon Tracy.....:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Healing vibes to Tracy, Joe and look after yourself too. You can't look after the love of your life if you are poorly:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Chaps thanks so much. You know I cooked dinner tonight and surprised myself. It was rather tasty or maybe I was hungry. You Know Dawsy those Vibe seem to be hitting the spot as she has perked up this afternoon. Me I am great bad weeds and all that. Iron I really don't mind. And having you here what oil would you recommend for my T140 EX I have been running the 20/50 Castrol classic but think it is for cars may be wrong and as you and Darkman are the oficinardo's I thought I'd ask Had to get it round to motorbikes didn't I.
    Thanks and regards.
    Joe & Tracy

• Like Like x 3
  11. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Bad news Joe. Tracy’s Covid, Not the fact that you are cooking ….!
    Hope a speedy recovery for Tracy. You look after yourself too Joe. It’s very very transmissible..!
    Take care of yourself, all will be well soon .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Oldskool
    No you are right on both counts. My cooking won't ever make MasterChef. And Tracy is perking up. Yes i am being as careful as i can but can't leave her all alone through this. We got the windows open and a fan blowing so pray God Tracy gets better and i stay on my feet. Thankyou so much for the kind words of wisdom.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    20W-50 classic is fine Joe. I use any make I can get hold of when I need it. Golden Film from Morris is my preferred but I also use the green stuff out of Halfords Classic 20w 50 or Castrol Classic XL 20W/50.
    I do oil changes pretty frequently. About every 100 miles on a rebuild until run in and then not many hundreds of miles after that. I'll drop the cup full out of the sump plug fairly regularly just to check for metal and even let the return flow over my fingers to check every so often on start up.
    I haven't put any external filters on any of my builds as they've lasted the 50 years of abuse before they got to me without one so they'll be fine from now on. They've come to me for their retirement.
    I don't put any sort of mileage on any of my bikes. If I wanted to do travelling I'd get a new naked big engined Jap bike.
    You'll be out on that Executive before you know it. Summer's not far. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Iron
    Thanks for the prompt reply. From yourself that's very reassuring. I don't use aftermarket filters either and do change the oil every year. Thanks again.
    Joe.

15. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @joe mc donald

I hope Tracy is continuing to feel much better, Joe, and I also hope that you don't come down with Covid, too. Lots of healing vibes and hugs to you both. :heart:

• Like Like x 1
  16. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Well peeps i got it. Felt bad all day at work got home and tested and yes it nabbed me. Got a terrible headache and chest is rough with runny nose which i didn't think you got. Walking this afternoon was laborious and other than that i am not to bad don't know if it will worsen or not. So if you don't hear from me for a few days I'm in bed. Thanks again for all the wishes and encouragement for Tracy. She has had her first day up and seems like she is on the mend.
    Joe.

• Love You Love You x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    It was probably inevitable @joe mc donald good to hear Tracy is on the mend though. Hopefully you won't fair too badly!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    That’s a bugger @joe mc donald . Good to hear Tracy is on the road to recovery. Hopefully you won’t be far behind. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Get well soon Joe. As others have said, somewhat inevitable. Hope you get over it quickly .

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Look after yourselves you two. Get well soon.

• Agree Agree x 1