POLITICS

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Mar 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I'm not sure but I think it might be an outline of the Senat, in Washington.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Old Trumpy has postponed his visit to the UK until we can guarantee there will be no protests regarding his state visit.
    I guess that means he will never set foot on British soil again, unless it's just to check out his golf investment up in Scotland.
    Its a good job we don't take it too seriously!

• Like Like x 1
  3. desertspeedy

desertspeedy Senior Member

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Unfortunately he has heard that it needs to stop from the public, from his lawyers and from members of the Republican Party. As I say he is like a schoolchild, no filter, no self-control, big ego, addicted to his belief that everyone hangs on his every word. I detest all that social media crap and only take solace in the hysteria created in the mainstream media by his ignoring them and going direct with tweet crap.
    I voted for him because the evidence of criminality within the Clinton Crime Foundation, evidence of collusion with Obama and the Justice Administration was overwhelming with the blatant corruption. Much more being unearthed as a byproduct of this whole Russian red herring and I imagine Obama, Holder and Lynch are wet "trumping" themselves with the calls for a broader investigation into Clinton.
    That said, I would have voted for any nonpolitician that was fiscally conservative and believed in following our Constitution !!
    I did not know of the use of trump as a fart equivalent. That is priceless and fitting in a fun sort of way. I actually am learning a few more of the great UK expressions...."bell end" being my most recent favorite :).

CHEERS,

Chris

PS It goes without saying I'll never be offended over any piss taking about politics over here stateside. I am just one man, one vote. I appreciate you all sharing how you see it from across the pond....well actually a desert and a pond.

• Like Like x 2
  4. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    It is indeed :). I have sometimes wondered how much better the world and our country would be if on 911 that building's occupants had experienced aviation induced term limits. Just saying.

5. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    He will be about as welcome there as a fart / trump in church, lol.

This may be a good thing or at least an improvement as our previous resident of the White House came over there and had the balls to lecture your leadership.

Cheers,

Chris

6. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    You'll find yourself bombarded with British expressions now Chris.
    Amazingly for such a small land mass, the difference in dialects and sayings throughout the British Isles is unbelievably large.
    Here's one that could be used for your mate Trump!
    'Wazzock' it means a stupid or annoying person.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    That reminds me of the phrase "Spawny eyed, parrot faced wazzock".
    But .... who said it originally? I feel it was a comedian from the Sheffield area but I can't for the life of me recall his name. Was it to be found on a record that was released just for fun?
    But then again it could have been Mike Harding - and he's from The Dark Side!!:eek: (Lancashire, to the uninitiated).:p
    It is confused that I be.:confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    It's a word I still use if the situation calls for it.
    Normally accompanied with two other words.
    "You f***ing wazzock"

Don't remember the comedian, but I am sure it has done the circuits.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Brilliant, thanks for posting that littleade :joy:

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Nice one, Ade!!:) Well done, Sir!:grinning:
    Didn't think it was Mike Harding but my mind does play strange tricks sometimes.:oops::confused:
    Tony Capstick, Frickley Colliery .... ee, Lad, those were t' days!:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

He is a feckin eejit !!!! No denying that :p (Eejit = wazzock)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    = dumbass

• Like Like x 1
  13. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Glad you enjoy some of our more "colourful" expressions (I agree - Bell end is brilliant). When David Cameron, the last Tory leader was in power he also ventured into the world of Tweeting. After his first post the immediate response was: "Piss off you f*cking cockwomble!"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1