POLITICS

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Mar 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    More like he was the offender ;) Think he's due for parole.

• Like Like x 1
  2. desertspeedy

desertspeedy Senior Member

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    What do you call 10,000 politicians at the bottom of the ocean? A good start :). Living stateside we have an overdose of these douches. We all need to impose term limits on these career politicians as they get too comfortable at the trough.

• Like Like x 4
  3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I'll be really really sorry if Half Ton leaves or anyone else for that matter. I met him at the GMU 2016 and thought he was a great guy. But we're all old enough and capable enough to decide what posts we read and what we don't. The fact that people have contributed to this post proves there is interest there for it. If you don't want the hassle, don't read it.
    My wife hates violence in films/TV so she doesn't watch Game of Thrones but it doesn't stop me watching it. She just puts her headphones on, turns away and watches something on her tablet or laptop.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

It has been requested, so I created a poll, should this thread stay or go. Please vote if you have an opinion on the matter.
    Thanks.

Ron.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Now that the vote is through:

THE KRAUT WISHES YOU ALL A JOLLY TIME SLAUGHTERING EACH OTHER!

I hope there are some of you guys left to be met up in Kielder :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    If there are we Scots will finish mopping up at Kielder :D

7. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Good place to vent your spleen or cause an argument I think. At the end of the day if you don't want to read it then don't :)

8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    received_10207078458038125.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. OnlySon

OnlySon Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK
    #89 OnlySon, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017

Let's start with "Scotland is not subsidised". At present we have the HIGHEST deficit in the advanced world. Google `Scotland's current deficit` and knock yourself out. Sturgeon has already ADMITTED on TV that our country is subsidised by Westminster so please take the blinkers off and if you're really stuck have a look at the Barnett formula. That, by the way, also scuppers your EU entry statement. There IS a criteria and we don't make it, oh, and for what it's worth 30% of SNP voters voted for leaving the EU so that negates that other point right there as well. This included Jim Sillars and Jim Fairlie that were big hitters that were 100% behind independence first time round.

" Scotland is a net exporter of goods"? So is China and Nigeria but I'd rather live in Carlisle than either of those places so what's your point?

"If we go independent"? We won't. I explained earlier why it won't work but I`ll lay out some difficult to accept facts for others to see (As I know the insular won't/can't). Our case for independence now is economically weaker than it has ever been.
    Scotland as a truly independent nation would have a banking sector whose liabilities would dwarf the tax revenue raised by the government. From a regulatory perspective that would mean the banks would be obliged to keep punitive reserves (pushing up the cost of and reducing the amount of lending).
    The government's credit rating would also be extremely poor - again pushing up the cost of borrowing and reducing their options. The SNP would then become the `austerity party`. Yes, you read that right. To try to balance the books the government would have to raise taxes and slash spending and therefore risk creating a negative downward spiral. Meanwhile business would be legging it as would higher earners who could do a similar job down south (exacerbating the problem).
    Gary your post is so full of WTFs I don't know where to start. How about GERS? No surprise GERS figures were quoted in 2014 as they suited the SNPs argument but now figures from the same source don't. To me that's counting the hits and ignoring the misses.
    As I said earlier, leaving England, Wales and N.Ireland to form a union with Latvia, Romania and Bulgaria etc is insulting to our neighbours that we have most in common with and please don't even go down the currency route as that is the biggest insult to intelligence the SNP have used.

"Obviously matters such as defence immigration etc would still need to be decided together". Are you serious? We would then be a foreign country so what favours do you expect? I do not know ONE single person that welcomes the influx of immigrants or the free movement of people from the EU to Scotland NOT ONE. You ask anyone in your hometown how they'd feel about eastern europeans coming here to work/camp/beg and you won't like the answer. The idea that Scotland is a nation of liberals welcoming anyone with open arms is frankly ridiculous.

"Englands obsession with WMD"
    The white paper stated we would be staying in Nato. It is Nato that is waging the wars. Last time I looked there was
    Scottish soldiers fighting in these conflicts. If we are in Nato then we are bound by the rules associated with it (see EU entry). How much safer would we be if the nuclear arms were on the Tyne? Any nuclear attack and we`d be in the arena regardless. Just another thing that hasn't been thought through has it?

"Westminister [sic] ruling the roost "and "little Englunder attitude"
    I will not insult your intelligence by presuming to think that you actually believe what you just said. That doesn't say much mate and makes your xenophobia comment hypocritical at best.

I could go on and on debunking , as your argument (like so many Yes voters) is like Swiss cheese (full of holes) but I won't because it saddens me. Two Scots arguing like cat and dog. A nation fractured. It's about the only thing the SNP have achieved as far as I'm concerned and sadly independence at serious and any cost is their raison d'être.

• Like Like x 2
  10. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    #90 GaryM, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    I can't see how you debunked any of my comments , you've cherry picked a couple of bits out of it.
    Take Europe I said if we rejoin then Spain would be spoken to by the likes of Germany. Doesn't need to happen as Spain have since Brexit clearly said they wouldn't veto it.
    Personally I think rejoining would be put to a referendum , it's not a given that Scotland would rejoin.

As to the SNP perusing independance that's there reason for existing.

Sadly the little Englunder attitude does exist , so does increasing racistism in England. I've experienced it before I moved back over the border.

My comments about Westminister being able to desolve any of the devolved parliaments does mean they hold ultimate power over the fate of them , so Westminister does in fact rule the roost as anything a devolved parliament it doesn't want them to do it simply can dissolve it ( plenty of English MPs would vote for it )
    That's why I went on to mention the federal system which would be the best system. With our own parliments in each individual country.
    English MPs as we saw with the Smith Comission will block this yet again. To me it's the only way this union can survive.
    So independance is going to happen sooner or later if that doesn't.

On WMD the Tyne is highly unlikely to accept them there , like any other region of Britain.
    Why does it have to be the Tyne why not Brighton or Portsmouth to the Thames.
    Yes I know one or two people from the area of the Tyne did say they would be happy for them to move there , what about the rest of the population in that area.
    It's one thing for a career politician to say we will accept them but to get the local populous is a different thing entirely.
    As to NATO I never mentioned NATO if Scotland was to become independent if it wanted to join NATO then it would have to apply as it's the UK that's in NATO not Scotland. That's pretty obvious thou.
    As to NATO waging wars was it NATO or Tony Blair that ordered us to give Saddam a bloody nose.
    NATO doesn't give the orders that is down to our politicians to decide. Yes we do take part most of the time when NATO calls but it is our politicians that decide to issue the orders.

My comment on GERS is correct they are not a true indication of Scotlands net worth.
    As to studies there are plenty that show Scotland would be a wealthy country , just as there are plenty that show it wouldn't.
    Barnett formula was put in place to stop Scotland running for the hills when oil was found, so appeasing the masses in Scotland but creating a rift and a way to label us as scroungers as it's turned into more recently.

Things certainly won't be perfect if Scotland was to be independent , but look at the current situation pound falling, Europe becoming more hostile to the UK daily .
    I could go on and on.
    As to treaties with countries such as Australia and New Zealand or the Commonwealth they don't really need us as they were dumped years ago and have since made there own treaties.
    If the UK goes to them they will be wary of us as we have already shown that we are quite happy to dump on them as we did when we joined Europe.
    So please debunk my original comment rather than cherry pic.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    As i live in a neutral country......Can this be settled by throwing a Log :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Preferable at Nigel Farage :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. OnlySon

OnlySon Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK
    A complete and utter denial of reality. I almost thought you were having a laugh with all the spelling mistakes and daydreaming. I can't be bothered to continue this as like most entrenched Yessers everything falls on deaf ears. What you people do is fit what you can see to suit your argument. You have no evidence to support this other than it fits your existing view. I gave facts that can be backed up by evidence. You have ifs, ands, pots and pans, and a chip on your shoulder about England that you keep replacing with `Westminister`[sic].

That is all.

14. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Meanwhile, our boy Trump is tossing missiles at the gasser of Syria and making the little turd with bad haircut in N. Korea shart himself. I gleefully await the day when the media disinformation campaign realizes that the "Russian connection" is all bull shite and the real news is the illegal spying by that rat bastard Obama and his band of crooks.

• Like Like x 2
  15. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Obama proved himself to be weak didn't he ?
    Those poor innocents probably wouldn't have been gassed last week if Obama had acted when Assad crossed his "red line".

• Like Like x 2
  16. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Is it just me (and it may be) or are all these endless street protests, paid for by the likes of George Soros (rich guy with a one world agenda), becoming all too frequent and more violent? USA is becoming a third world country.
    I get back home from Texas, put on the telly and see thousands of nit wits marching and "demanding" to see Trump's tax returns. He is fecking rich and everyone knows it. He won the election so go home, get a job and shut your cock holsters you whining sissies. Do these twits want their tax returns made public? Doubtful isn't it? I live in a country full of delusional idiots I swear. The world is going to hell in a handbasket and the media lead the sheep to this crap daily.
    Much more interested in healthcare reform, tax reform and of course blowing that little idiot in N. Korea into a million pieces (the last bit is wishful sarcasm). Must confess I did like the deployment of our MOAB in Afghani land.
    How's that for some politics? You passionate political members are not alone mates :).

• Like Like x 2
  17. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

FB_IMG_1492969296886.jpg
    I support neither, by the way, just thought it funny.

• Like Like x 3
  18. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    #98 GaryM, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Politics is always about agendas. Why did May call an early election? It's not about Brexit imv.
    It's about crushing Labour. May so far has had no problem whatsoever getting article 50 or any other Brexit legislation passed.
    I also wonder how many of her backbenchers will not be reselected as candidates, despite what she said about not changing candidates.
    Labour imv are fools for allowing this to pass in the commons, they have just lengthened the Tory term of office by 2 years.
    I think Labour should rename itself to the Lambs to Slaughter party.

19. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Jez, I did a quick accounting of our MOABs on hand. It seems that a total of just 15 have been assembled. Two have been used at the range so the mainstream media would get the word out. Then Trumpy had one dropped in Ghani land so that means there should be an even number still available :). I checked on the usual auction sites but none are currently on offer :) We love Guy Fawkes Day....there was a movie a few years back called "V is for Vendetta" that, as I recall, was a rough outline of Guy's plot and of course the mask is now a favorite with the anarchist types.

• Like Like x 1
  20. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Perfect MEME there Jez. I have to agree. We have the large cities on both the East and West Coasts voting full on libtard. The belief that we keep our constitutional rights is trampled by these elitist voting blocks with their career politicians. Those of us who live in the so called "fly over states" are ignored or called "deplorables". Huge amounts of votes in these libtard enclaves and it makes me want to puke how numb these sheep are.

• Like Like x 1