POLITICS

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Mar 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    A well educated clever lady Nicola Sturgeon but unfortunately obsessed with Scottish independence as the protege of Alex Salmond.

As a child I heard 'grown ups' say "never discuss politics or religion it always leads to trouble"
    How true that was!

• Like Like x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yeah about 3 quid! I got paid in guineas once!!

3. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #63 Rich Bryce, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    SPOILER ALERT - REAL POLITICAL anti-brexit RANT AHEAD

Leaving aside that Brexit was won based on an undemocratic campaign of misrepresentation, half-truths and damned lies by politicians who never in a month of Sundays expected to win, a referendum which itself was introduced by a Tory government that was in power only cos they committed gross election fraud in marginal seats (significant disguised overspending targeted at swing voters), many of the 'dis-enfranchised' who voted Leave said to the Remainers, 'feck you, we couldn't be any worse off even if the economy does crash and burn' ....

... well chickens are coming home to roost. e.g. My mate was soooo smug after the vote. I said you've shot your self in the foot, the pound will nose dive and prices will go up, and it'll be a big headache for poorer folk. 'Won't affect me', he said 'cos I only buy basics weekly shopping these days, and the price of bread isn't going to be a fiver is it'. Fair enough. But he is a Tesco shopper. And every week he buys gallons of Strongbow cider in those multi-packs. Well Tesco have now stopped stocking those packs cos Heineken wanted to increase prices largely based on Brexit fecking up the value of sterling. So now he'll have to start drinking Tesco own brand Value Cider, and that p!$$ in a bottle gives him a roaring headache.

I'm too polite to say 'told you so', cos Brexitears (27% of the adult population) know they got it wrong and are too stubborn and/or embarrassed to admit they are taking the majority of the country who didn't vote for this to hell in a wheelbarrow.

Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    It was going so well Rich until you said

"a Tory government that was in power only cos they committed gross election fraud in marginal seats (significant disguised overspending targeted at swing voters)"

They were and are in power because the Labour Party commmitted suicide. The Tories would have won anyway, and whilst they seem to have broken the rules I'm sure it happens at every election and it seems, frankly, trivial in scale.

5. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Mythical creature... is that not an honest politician!:confused::eek::D

• Like Like x 3
  6. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    can you picture what it will be like if we had to keep them separate ......

There would be a thread for

Piss taking BMW riders (Little Ade)
    Piss taking Sexaul Harrasment (Gloria)
    Piss Taking Germans (winglad)
    Piss taking Directions (Crispy, Steve Lovett)
    Piss taking Admin (Mr Orange)
    Piss taking Size (Littleade. Tigcraft)
    Piss take arthritis (Rich Bryce)
    Piss take being tight (Rich Bryce and Scotland as a whole)
    Piss take being Irish (Andyc1)
    Piss take being a plastic paddy(Gloria)
    Piss take being a super hero.( Red Thunder)

Need i go on..........:oops::D:D

• Like Like x 4
  7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #67 Rich Bryce, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Not trivial at all to us Guardianisters ;)
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/mar/23/conservative-election-scandal-victory-2015-expenses

8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Plastic Jock here too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
  10. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Nicola Sturgeon is touring Perthshire in the First Minister's chauffeur driven car. Suddenly a cow jumps out into the road. They hit it full on and the car comes to a stop. Nicola in her usual jaunty manner, says to the chauffeur : " You get out and check - you were driving." The chauffeur gets out, checks and reports that the animal is dead. " You were driving, go and tell the farmer," says Nicola, I can't afford to be blamed for anything.
    The chauffeur walks up the drive to the farmhouse and returns five hours later totally plastered, his hair ruffled and with a big grin on his face. " My God, what happened to you ?" asks Nicola. The chauffeur replies : " When I got there, the farmer opened his best bottle of malt whisky, the wife gave me a slap up meal and the daughter made love to me." " What on earth did you say?" asks Nicola. I knocked on the door and when it was answered, I said to them, I'm Nicola Sturgeon's chauffeur and I've just killed the cow."

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That jokes doing the rounds, 3rd time it's been posted in the last week!

• Like Like x 2
  12. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    That's just the thing Scotland is not subsidised, go look at the figures. Not GERS as they are not a true indication of wealth.
    Scotland is a net exporter of goods unlike England. Westminster currently reserves all taxes from oil, whisky and a few others for itself, those figures DO NOT go into GERS. They go straight to Westminister.
    Scotland would not be paying into your nuclear industry, Trident or H2S. Englands obsession with WMD will also come to an end as well as there's no where to put them. The MOD would be unable to play its war games around various parts of Scotland. Very few live firing ranges in England.
    Along with other things.
    Yes if we go independent then we are out of Europe but then ( this time I will say it ) England has already taken us out anyway as they believed the likes of Farage, Johnson etc about the evils of immigration.
    At least if we are independent if we want to we can rejoin Europe. Contrary to the popular MSM there is no queuing to join, you either meet the criteria or you don't.
    Again it keeps on getting said about Spain blocking us, I think Spain would be spoken to by the likes of Germany etc and told to toe the line.
    The only way to stop independance happening at some point is change to a federal parliament. That is Westminister decides what happens to England, Holyrood to Scotland etc. Obviously matters such as defence immigration etc would still need to be decided together.
    Until this happens then independance will happen sooner or later.
    Westminister ruling the roost as it does presently can not go on. Westminister can still overrule any of the devolved parliaments or even dissolve them as and when it wishes. It's not a matter of 83% of the vote is held in England but recognising that different parts of the UK are so very different.
    This is supposed to be a union of four countries. It's not it's a very biased union with the little Englunder attitude of do as we say and xenophobia.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #73 Sprinter, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017

nnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo me too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Don't go mate ... we'll get back to posting b*ll*cks again! :(:(

• Like Like x 1
  15. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Haven't stopped that personally. @half ton dont go just don't read the politics thread. It'll peter out shortly :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I can't see an iceberg anywhere ?

17. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    #77 John T, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Yawn....

18. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    I know if it's not Scottish independence then it's rusty spokes in Scotland

Could there be a connection ???

A sneaky English plot to wipe out or p*** off Scottish Triumph riders ?

Still a good laugh though!

• Like Like x 2
  19. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    What has Peter done? (See - back to b*ll*cks!)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1