POLITICS

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Mar 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Got to agree with you Rich, she is/was a right cnut. I can honestly say I've only ever hated one person and she's the one.
    I remember a comment coming from some political body or union when she was ill. It was "hurry up and die". Cruel but it sums up what hatred there is for her. I suspect though that she was just a puppet controlled by the people with the real power.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    #42 Winglad, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Uuummm boys, I am a trifle confused by now.
    Just read the POLITICAL thread (too late, as always).

I spend the last couple of weeks peeing myself with laughter, well even boring my friends at the pub and regaling them with forum stories, BECAUSE I absolutely love the eccentric and absolutely crazy humor that is maintained here.
    And I always felt that all the witty, sometimes a little non PC comments were never based on malice or hatred.
    Now seriously: almost 90 percent of the things I post are somehow related to minorities or politics; especially all that WW2 and Nazi shite.
    I am sure, we can keep the forum clean of this but did any of you guys ever go to sunday school?
    BORING.
    Maybe someone felt heavily offended somehow Ron, this would be very sad.

But as I know myself, from now on I will watch my posting and check my words for being political in all the other threads. Especially as an alien ;) .
    But if we all do this, wouldn't this become a very dry place?

My question is: How do we all want to proceed from now? And I mean us all. For me admin on this forum is not someone in Berlin, London or Brussels. The guys who volunteer to do the admin job (thanks by the way), are part of it, aren't they?

Regards, confused German forum-fan :oops:

• Like Like x 3
  3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I'm with Winglad on this we are heading for oblivion with this thread, you'll never change peoples opinion or my own, I said from the start that it was my very own opinion I was sharing with you, to be honest I have some agreement with every other members personal opinion Figwold, Rich Bryce and Mr O each has some valid points with which I have some agreement, But as said each to our own personal beliefs its ok to share them with each other so long as we dont expect others to agree or conform,
    NOW BACK TO FRIENDS, BIKES AND FRIENDS.
    PLEASE !!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Best is just put any potentially offensive comments in CAPS, BOLD, UNDERLINED AND ITALICS so we can be sure to ignore them. Seems safest to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Good lad, my arthritis plays havoc with getting me hand into the pocket where I keep my wallet.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #45 TEZ 217, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    This thread needs killing off Mr O,
    Again guys and gals regardless of nationality this is my own personal opinion, based on the fact we all have deep rooted beliefs. that no doubt was gained on not how well we actually did but how our own personal family and early life was panned out ahead of us, there's always going to be difference's between us no matter how close or distant we all are.

• Like Like x 4
  7. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I'll second that round Andy :D That'll give us time to get Rich's wallet from his grasp

• Like Like x 2
  8. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Yep fuck opinions or politics, lets worry about speeding, plod, fines, and the price of beer and petrol !!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    I'll agree with that. We are probably a reasonably representative cross section of weird 50 plus blokes with all that it entails. We will disagree with each other about all sorts of things, and in respect of most be open to persuasion and piss-taking.

But as soon as it gets to politics we take ourselves far too seriously and think we know everything. It's dangerous, frankly.

• Like Like x 4
  10. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I will never disagree with the fact its your round Figwold :D

Figwold said - But as soon as it gets to politics we take ourselves far too seriously and think we know everything.

I will agree with you on that though. :p:p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Cheers Jez. I'll hang on to the ten-bob notes though for my packets of Woodbines.

12. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    'kinel Mr.O, now we're on to philosophy. See what you did!

13. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #51 Rich Bryce, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    As you can see from this pristine one, mine rarely saw the light of day.
    Ten Bob Note.jpg

On the bright side, they are now fetching a good few new pounds on Ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    No but it was to Elton John:eek::D:D

• Like Like x 2
  15. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Now Winglad.......... you have me confused now....:oops: I have told you before.
    Your the only German I know that has a sence of humouro_O
    So telling your mates in the pub what we say on here is pointless:confused: :D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Was this found in a Scotsmans wallet by any chance:oops::D:D
    Oh yes it was I see, suprise suprise:)

17. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Is there any such thing as a Scotsman's wallet?

18. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    It's a mythical creature....

...a bit like a Scottish rugby team

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Now, that's a bit near the knuckle mate ,,, but sadly, too true.

20. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    #58 Winglad, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Most times, the barkeeper barks across the room: 'Hey, Du in der Ecke! Mit wem babbelst Du denn jetzt schon wieder, so allein am Tisch!!!???'
    'Hey, you in the corner! To whom are you babbling again, all alone at the table!!!???'

• Like Like x 1
  21. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Hey I have an IDEA! (no, not IKEA):

Since we go tits up after about every 3 posts, why don't we discuss all our topics HERE!? This way, we do not have to worry about PC and stuff!
    ...I don't know how much one bit or bite do weigh, but we might even save the forum some weight and therfore get a price for being the greenest forum south of Reykjavik! :confused:

WHAT DO YOU SAY....?

This for example made me laugh, is good to know AND I am going to do it with my Triumph today :D

• Like Like x 2
  22. OnlySon

OnlySon Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK
    Not much of a political thread so I`ll throw some fuel on the fire.

First off I can't be arsed with politics half the time as people become so entrenched in their party political choice they refuse to see anyones point of view regardless of how valid it may be. I particularly detest facebook politics as the bulk of it comes from the hard of understanding and `copy and paste` photoshopped pictures do not an argument make.

As a Scot born and bred I have absolutely no time for Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP and feel she gets way too much air time. Here's why.

It's intellectually bankrupt to suggest jumping from a small union of 4 to a large union of 28 and growing will give Scotland more control over anything. My pals labrador wouldn't fall for that shite and he's a dog. And a stupid one at that.

They have demonstrated that they have zero respect for democracy because the country already voted NO in the referendum only two odd years ago. It's not reasonable (nor, by association, fair) to describe a constitutional question as 'once in a generation' but then asking it endlessly because you didn't like the answer given. It's not practicable to spend months in every Parliamentary term paralysing the country, causing economic uncertainty, and alienating the rest of the UK. By most rational measures, it is remarkably stupid and it smacks of sore loser syndrome.

People are entitled to their opinion and that is mine. I can also say with absolute certainty that where I live the majority of people that I work and associate with feel the same way.

• Like Like x 7