Police In North Wales

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RSReggie, May 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I used the term loosely! :cool: An exhaust can pass the MOT and therefore be road legal, so I assume that the police are cracking down on after-market unbaffled race cans, and pipes marked "not for road use". (Like my TORS! which are marked as such but passed the MOT) Confused - you will be!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    The TORs on my wife's Street Triple have been through quite a few MOTs without question or comment. The fact that I have self adhesive alloy foil tape carefully placed completely over the "NOT FOR ROAD USE" stamping on the rearmost side of the cans might be one reason for that. I gather that testers are not allowed to remove things like that? Works for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Let's face it, we're all pretty well aware of what is and is not legal. If you use a plate that you KNOW doesn't comply that's fine, but you can't then complain if you're pulled and punished for it. The police don't MAKE the laws - or the rules and regulations - but they are obliged to enforce them. You and I don't have to comply with the laws but we do have to face the consequences of perhaps getting caught wen not doing so.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Mines passed two MOT's with the "Not for Road Use" uncovered but then TORS are barely louder than stock pipes at idle or low revs so I doubt the testers will feel the need to look! :D

I had a small (5" x 7") metal plate (illegal for size and material) on the Bonnie last year. Always considered it would be my fault if I got pulled for it. Don't understand the whining that follows a ticket when you knew it was against the law.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Agree completely. Again, if you don't want the consequences..... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Personally I NEVER break any rules/laws so I’ve nothing to worry about :p

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 2
    • WTF x 1
    • Love You x 1
    • Creative x 1
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    #47 Bad Billy, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Steve, as I am in the same part of the country as you, I know the A272 and A32 very well.
    During the early part of every 'season' (for the fair weather riders) the Police have a crackdown, it normally follows a spate of accidents as riders rusty through not getting out over the winter try & ride like they did at the end of the previous year. Word soon gets around the biking community that if you ride in the area with noisy exhausts in an anti-social manor then the chances are you will get a pull. I either avoid the area or ride carefully, expecting there to be a speed trap or unmarked police vehicle at some point along the route.
    Basically if you enjoy a 'spirited ride' the worse thing you can do is venture out to meets and cafes where there will be hundreds of other bikes, because there is a good chance the police will also be out in force.
    I have for now given up on road riding, I like to ride fast, so the track is where I can do this safely, nothing coming the other way, no trees or road furniture to hit, and if the worst happens & you crash, medical help is right there, no waiting in a ditch hoping someone finds you!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Me neither. Least ways, they didn't catch me ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Yeah, apparently the answer to the officers question;

"do you know why I have stopped you?"

wasn't ....

"to compliment me on my excellent riding!" :p

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Or "Coz my bum looks good in leathers"

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Ha ha, well in my case obviously that is a given mate ... :eek:o_O:joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I was once pulled over by two young and very attractive police women in a transit van :)
    They said I looked really attractive in my tight leathers and they wanted a bit of fun before they finished their shift :grinning:
    They took me into the back where there was a Jack Daniels optic on the side :yum and a double mattress on the floor :imp:
    After a couple of drinks they started slowly taking my leathers off and invited me to slowly undress them :eek:
    THEN when the three of us were naked :grinning: they took it in turn to....oops.... sorry...wrong forum :poop:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    Yeah that happened to me too. Then I fell out of bed...

• Funny Funny x 7
  14. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Well I hope you was kind to their guide dog Dilli! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

The dog was in the front :)
    He was driving :eek::p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Peeps you know having read most of these posts with interest. I would like to invite a member of the North Wales Police Force to fill us all in. And I am sure someone on here is a member or knows someone who is. Don't hide the truth tell it as it is. Things like cleaning up after like someone said here the Dunlop want to BE's. When its the force there with body bags picking up the body pieces. Then knocking a door to tell devoting Parents their child has just lost his / Her life in a tragic accident and its best they don.t view the body as they may get upset and so sorry for wrecking your future. You know most decent police will turn a blind eye to an over noisy exhaust as long as it is a decent level not deafening as they are human to. But the little old Ladies and gent in the quint little village's we love don't like the Dunlop screaming through there deafening the population. And guess who gets the complaints yes Mr Officer. I can say these bits as I knew a decent Bike Cop and he used to sit out side with me and always those pipes on you bike are nice and just right. But he found it affected him doing the things I have just said and it affected him so much he had to give up his job. He said the cleaning up was a returning nightmare. But the worst was telling the parents. So maybe we respectful riders should thank the want to BE's for spoiling a passion we love and treasure.
    Ride Safe & Enjoy.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Feckin clever them Police dogs eh? :p
    Lucky he was driving, nothing so off putting as the dogs cold nose up you bum when you're on the vinegar stroke! :scream:

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    dilligaf
    God I wish I had an imagination like yours I'd always be smiling.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    It’s maybe summat to do with his mate Jack (Daniels):rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Joe, Dilli is always smiling, or leering as some females of the opposite sex have called it during the injunction hearings! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1