Please Help To Identify Some Wires America 2014

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mr.Goodwill, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Mr.Goodwill

Mr.Goodwill New Member

Mar 24, 2019
    London
    3 wires.jpg two sockets.jpg Happy New Year to all members!

I'm currently in the process of restoring a non-running Bonneville America 2014 motorcycle. After some hard work, the bike is finally up and running, but I'm facing challenges identifying certain wires. Unfortunately, I don't have an electrical diagram, and my experience with Triumph bikes is limited. I'm reaching out to this community in the hope that there are experts who can lend their expertise.

Please take a moment to review the attached photos. Firstly, there are two white two-pin sockets hanging next to the clutch and brake levers, appearing to be factory-fitted. Upon checking with a multimeter, I found that both are linked to GROUND. Can anyone shed light on what these sockets are for?

Secondly, under the fuel tank, I've come across three wires: yellow, green, and black. These also seem to be factory-fitted. I'm eager to know the purpose of these wires and how they contribute to the bike's functionality.

Your assistance in solving these mysteries will be immensely appreciated. Thank you in advance for any insights or guidance you can provide.

2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Could 4 and 5 be heated grips?