Please Help! 93 Trophy 1200

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by PeterAustin88, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Have you checked the carb balance and float heights?

2. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    You mean you didn't check the plugs first .......so you have cleaned the carbs twice now and still have a problem ...the fuel tap is vacuum but has a prime position and it still stutters/misses on that?
    Next as said check throttle slide synchronisation and also make sure float heights are correct.

3. PeterAustin88

PeterAustin88 New Member

Jun 9, 2019
    England
    It seems as if I have done this backwards. I didn't check plugs first unfortunately. I am kind of new to this and working at it as it goes hence why I am here lol. I am the process of checking plugs. What is the best way to check the float balance?

4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    You’re getting mixed up there Peter :p it’s a carb balance and float height check.
    Have you got a workshop manual for the bike? If not, I’d definitely recommend you get a Haynes as a minimum which will outline the procedures needed.
    The carb balance will ensure that the fuelling to all the cylinders is equal and the float heights need to be equal to allow each carb to give the same fuel delivery rate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
  6. PeterAustin88

PeterAustin88 New Member

Jun 9, 2019
    England
    Hey guys sorry for the late reply....work has been crazy. So I got the bike all running well carb balance set, spark plugs checked adjusted gaps and they are in good condition. Everything seemed smooth. Idels fine and revs well. Today took him out for a spin and all is well until I get to 4500 rpm! It starts to die and will not go over. Changed gear and he can reach speed but will not exceed over 4500. I have a feeling that A. I am not getting enough fuel or B. I have a kink in the line. Carbs were completely cleaned and jets all running well. New air filter and rebuild of fuel tap. I am losing patience and £. Any ideas from the experts. Appreciate it guys

7. PeterAustin88

PeterAustin88 New Member

Jun 9, 2019
    England
    Also yes I do have a Haynes manual. Has definitely helped

8. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    If its dying at higher rpms then it will most likely be fuel related...check fuel flow from tap ...maybe internal tap screen is partially blocked, also double check that the correct size main jets are fitted and the needle clips are in the correct groove.

• Like Like x 1
  9. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    It’s very easy to trap a fuel line when putting the tank back on on these bikes. Try the tap in the prime position, if it’s good then you could have just nipped the main feed.

10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    PeterAustin88.
    Get a good fuel and head cleaning solution dump it in the tank and ride the thing as much as you can. You may have to do it a couple of times but hopefully it will clean and flush the whole system.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. PeterAustin88

PeterAustin88 New Member

Jun 9, 2019
    England
    So I ran it on prime and same issue. When the bike is on the stand I can engage 1st gear and the revs build up no problem but with my fat ass on it he wants nothing to do with it. I will run some cleaner through it. I was planning that anyways. Guess I will have to do some more removing......