Pirelli Tyres

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Kenbro, Aug 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    #1 Kenbro, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Hi,
    My Street Twin has Pirelli Phantom Sportscomp tyres and they seem to take the bike wherever they want when going over irregularities in the road surface.
    Not come across any tram (Light railway?) tracks yet, but, i feel sure I’d have to go to the tram depot to get off ‘em if I did.
    Do all bike tyres behave like this, or do I need to change to a different tyre?
    TIA.
    Ken.
    PS. A friend suggested they need air in them to get the best performance, so I’ve now blown them up.:mad::cool:;)
    PPS. This is a serious question.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nolan 73

Nolan 73 Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Hampshire
    Hi there I think you will find it is a characteristic to the street twin and the not so wonderful Pirelli tyres. I have the same and it’s a nightmare and I’m sure there have been others that have had the same. I hear Avon storm Xd tyres I believe they are called transform the bike.

3. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    This guy talks about the tyres on his bike which he rides beyond its design capabilities.

4. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Thanks for those replies guys.(and the vid.)
    My tyres have only done just over 1K miles so I’ll just have to put up these ones for some time yet. Can’t afford scrap ‘em.
    Thanks again,Ken.

5. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Pirrelli tyres even do this on Cars, called tram-lining had it on my Jag.

I would have chinese tyres on my cars before pirrelli's,
    got Goodyears on the car and Avons on the bike

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    You would think Triumph would use British Avon's on some of their range; where suitable, instead of the Pesh schect foriegn tat they are/have fitted to their range!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I have pirelli scorpion trail 2 on my tiger and can't fault them, need replacing soon but they've been on for 2 years and done over 10000 miles

• Like Like x 1